mistyflora
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How on earth do you revise for them?? Im in year 12, and at gcse for geography I wrote out notes onto flashcards and got a 9 and for physics I just kinda read through the cgp book and did a little practise and got an 8. Now there is so much content I can’t write it all out for geography (should I type up everything?) and physics I’m just clueless. I also take biology.
SweetSummerx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For me the best way to revise for Physics was to do as many past papers as possible. If your course has a textbook do the questions in that as well. I found that this helped show where I needed to put more work in so I could target my revision
mistyflora
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SweetSummerx)
For me the best way to revise for Physics was to do as many past papers as possible. If your course has a textbook do the questions in that as well. I found that this helped show where I needed to put more work in so I could target my revision
okay thank you! did you make any notes/flashcards?
SweetSummerx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mistyflora)
okay thank you! did you make any notes/flashcards?
I made flash cards of the key points from each lesson and a big poster of any important formulas, laws and definitions
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For geography I write out all of the content on mindmaps, you can do typed notes if that works for you. Then I make small “summary flashcards”, just with each heading of the content on. For geography I find I can remember the content, but I need to be prompted to making summary flashcards just with the headings /titles on of each section works for me. Eg the centre would be “role of government in alleviating social-economic inequality” and then around it I’d have taxes, subsidies, FDI, legislation etc just to remind me of content.

I do chemistry a level, but I’m sure most of it can be applied to physics. My biggest revision method for science is just doing practice questions. For physics you have IsaacPhysics which is great, with lots of questions in the textbook or CGP workbook. Do them, Mark them, do some more. Doing questions should be the main bulk of your revision, I find this much more helpful than going over content.

Don’t be using the same revision methods you did for GCSE as they won’t work for a level. Reading the textbook or highlighting a revision guide won’t help you. Make your revision active and practical.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?