The Student Room Group

Please rate this dress

I need to get a dress for a dinner party in a couple of weeks. I've found this dress: https://www.axparis.com/collections/sale-view-all/products/navy-knot-front-bodycon-dress

I was wondering if it looks good for a dinner party?
Reply 1
Original post by Fruli
I need to get a dress for a dinner party in a couple of weeks. I've found this dress: https://www.axparis.com/collections/sale-view-all/products/navy-knot-front-bodycon-dress

I was wondering if it looks good for a dinner party?

Classy af
I like
Reply 2
Yeah, that should be fine for a dinner party. The back is a bit too much exposed (for my taste) but you can wear a cardigan or something on the top. I'd also suggest a semi-low hanging necklace. The heel's she is wearing are nice but for a dinner party probably best not to wear open-toes.
i think it look good but when was this posted
Reply 4
Thank you all! I will get it.
Original post by fruli
thank you all! I will get it.

yassssssssssssssssssssssssss
Reply 6
I think that’s a perfect dinner dress. An excellent find.
Reply 7
Original post by Jemma P
Yeah, that should be fine for a dinner party. The back is a bit too much exposed (for my taste) but you can wear a cardigan or something on the top. I'd also suggest a semi-low hanging necklace. The heel's she is wearing are nice but for a dinner party probably best not to wear open-toes.

Thank you for the detailed feedback.

The back is my favourite part, since the front is completely covered. I have a very large bust, so I tend to avoid low cut tops and dresses, and instead prefer to open up the back a bit more.

Thanks for the tip on the necklace.
Reply 8
Original post by Deggs_14
I think that’s a perfect dinner dress. An excellent find.

Thank you. It’s my local Conservative association dinner party.
Reply 9
I think it depends how formal the dinner party is. I think its super cute though.
Yes certainly classy enough for a dinner party.
Lovely dress, I'm sure you will look great in it. X
Reply 11
Original post by Karisa96
Yes certainly classy enough for a dinner party.
Lovely dress, I'm sure you will look great in it. X

Thank you. I hope so.

My sister seems to think it would be better suited by someone with Kim K’s hips and bum though.

My shape is more of a Rihanna
I would buy it. I personally would wear something more for a dinner but it’s nice still. 8.5/10
Original post by Fruli
Thank you. I hope so.

My sister seems to think it would be better suited by someone with Kim K’s hips and bum though.

My shape is more of a Rihanna

Well I wouldn't worry about that.
I'm sure it will look even better on you than them!!!!
Reply 14
Original post by Karisa96
Well I wouldn't worry about that.
I'm sure it will look even better on you than them!!!!

thank you
Reply 15
Original post by IH8Studying
I would buy it. I personally would wear something more for a dinner but it’s nice still. 8.5/10

What sort of dress would you wear?
Original post by Fruli
What sort of dress would you wear?

Well it depends who the dinner is with. But I would go for a shorter dress and something more patterny or sparkly
6/10.
I find the colour & material a bit dismal, don't like the neckline or knot.
Dresses below knee-length without a slit are not my cup of tea.
Reply 18
Original post by londonmyst
6/10.
I find the colour & material a bit dismal, don't like the neckline or knot.
Dresses below knee-length without a slit are not my cup of tea.

Interesting..
Reply 19
Original post by Jemma P

Why wouldn’t you wear open toes?

Quick Reply

Latest