Fallen seriously behind in A-levels

Watch
This discussion is closed.
SilverLipa
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I am in year 13 and study biology chemistry and sociology.Last year I consistently worked hard and was the top of all my classes and gained the highest highest grades possible in all subjects.
This year I have had such a rough start due to family issues, health problems and my mental health took a major dip.Consiquently, from September till November I fell ridiculously behind in class and have done little to no revision.
It pains me even to admit it because I know what I am capable of and I am letting myself down majorly.I always sit and try to revise but do nothing because I have soooo much to catch up on and I just feel so sad and demotivated.I really need to get top grades for my A-levels and achieve my predicted A*A*A and I’m so scared.
Can I catch up?Any tips on how to catch up efficiently and fast?Can I get my predicted grades if I put maximum effort in now till may, or is it too late?
Motivate meeeee
Thankssssssss
Anonymous.23
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SilverLipa)
So I am in year 13 and study biology chemistry and sociology.Last year I consistently worked hard and was the top of all my classes and gained the highest highest grades possible in all subjects.
This year I have had such a rough start due to family issues, health problems and my mental health took a major dip.Consiquently, from September till November I fell ridiculously behind in class and have done little to no revision.
It pains me even to admit it because I know what I am capable of and I am letting myself down majorly.I always sit and try to revise but do nothing because I have soooo much to catch up on and I just feel so sad and demotivated.I really need to get top grades for my A-levels and achieve my predicted A*A*A and I’m so scared.
Can I catch up?Any tips on how to catch up efficiently and fast?Can I get my predicted grades if I put maximum effort in now till may, or is it too late?
Motivate meeeee
Thankssssssss
Hey, I’m also year 13 (doing bio psych and law) and i think the best thing to do would be to write down a list of all the topics you’ve missed/fell behind in this year and put a timetable together.
Try focus your revision on the topics you missed this year if your confident with last years content. There’s still plenty of time to improve so after Christmas if you’re still struggling, ask your teachers I’m sure they’d be happy to help you out in free periods or at lunch.
I’ve found especially for biology that doing past paper questions is the best way to revise because it’s mostly exam technique that gets you the marks. Not sure about sociology or chemistry but I’d say to still do practise papers and questions but start by making a timetable and try not to do too much at once - you’ll overdo it and it won’t be as productive.
Definitely think you’re more than capable of getting your predicted grades so I wouldn’t worry. If you get a good structured revision pattern going you should be absolutely fine!
Hope this helps - dm me if you need anything else!
username1060297
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Definitely not too late to catch up. Just break it down into topics and sub topics as much as possible and revjse them accordingly till you get as close to what you're currently being taught. It really shouldn't be too hard , take your time to absorb the information properly and you will be fine
SilverFlames
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I know this is a year late but are you me? Same A Levels, predicted grades, first part of the username and now I have the exact same problem 😭
thegeek888
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Read the examiners reports, religiously study the mark schemes and remember the questions which are examined year after year. This is otherwise known as exam techniques. And it also helps to know your textbook inside out!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (82)
21.03%
Note taking apps (8)
2.05%
Flashcards (89)
22.82%
Revision guides (20)
5.13%
Past papers (176)
45.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed