The Student Room Group

Retake Advice

Obviously I am speculating now as I haven't got my grades but I was wondering if someone could help me with the following questions

If I was to retake modules I sat at AS would I have to tell UCAS if I was to apply to Uni with my A levels? So I wouldn't apply this coming year but the next.

Linking to this, because I have sat an A level in maths this year, my college does not accept the grades because the modules can be used for the Further Maths next year, again how do retakes come into play with this? I was thinking that if I was to sit retakes next year I would be no longer able to say I had sat a full A level in a year but I am not entirely sure.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Reply 1
Bump, can someone help??
Reply 2
i was in a similar situation - on my ucas form i put grade pending for my AS levels, so all they see is the predicted grade. i was still given conditionals from that so i see no reason why that would stop you from applying. i retook the entire french and maths as and a2 (all 6 modules in 2 subjects) in june of the final year. woop. definitely wouldnt recommend it though if you can avoid it, its alot of pressure
Reply 3
No, you would not need to mention any exams that you have resat. You would just use the highest module grade. However, it may be obvious from the dates you have put down that you have resat something, and so you may prefer to clarify (in your reference) that it was only one or two modules and not the whole A Level if this happens. If you didn't resit any A Level exams that probably won't be necessary, though.

You wouldn't be able to say that you sat a full A level in a year, but since it's further maths you wouldn't have gained any advantage from saying that anyway. Unis know that schools give further maths more timetabling room, and that modules can be used in funny ways. Also, the only place you would have been able to mention that is your personal statement, and that doesn't have much space so there are more important things to say.

Latest

Trending

Trending