The Student Room Group

I want to be a boy and I don’t know what to do?

Ok so.....
I hate being a girl but I’m scared to say it.
I have 2 sisters and 1 brother, my brother being closer to my age. I feel I have a stronger bond with him than with my sisters. I just hate that I will never be able to achieve that brotherly bond with him since he thinks of me as a sister. I hate when he says I wish I had a brother... In my head I’m thinking I can be your brother!!

Most of my cousins are boys and I love them so much like brothers. It hurts me that they have separated a little from me since I’m a “girl”. They all fight roughly with each other and I want to fight with them too. I just can’t hang with my girl cousins there so boring.

Whenever I see men walking at school or anywhere I always stare at them. Not because I like them but because I’m jealous that they are male and I’m not. I always picture myself as my older brother in my head, it makes me feel better I guess...

Ever since I went through puberty Ive hated my self even more. I hate my boobs I would get rid of them if it were that easy....
I kept my period a secret for 1 year because I was embarrassed.

I’m sorry I talked for so long I’m just so down in the dumps because I started really feeling this way like 2 years ago. The feeling just keeps getting stronger and it’s starting to freak me out. And sadly I don’t think being a fake male would do anything but idk what to think anymore.
Reply 1
That sounds like a really difficult situation, is it actually being male or the things that come with it what you want, because i think the way society stereotype gender doesn’t help with the way girls and boys are treated differently.
Have you talked to anyone else about this?
Reply 2
Original post by Luna316
That sounds like a really difficult situation, is it actually being male or the things that come with it what you want, because i think the way society stereotype gender doesn’t help with the way girls and boys are treated differently.
Have you talked to anyone else about this?

No I’m scared people will think of me as a freak.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
No I’m scared people will think of me as a freak.

It’s okay to be scared but if this is who you are then people shouldn’t judge you for it. The good thing is society has changed for the better regarding people’s choices like these.
It’s completely your choice of you want to tell people or not, and if or when you do, they should accept you because it’s part of who you are.
I hope you feel better about it all soon, I have a friend going through something similar actually and I hate that it has to be like this. People should just accept people for doing what they want, what makes them feel good and themselves.
Reply 4
Yeah thanks for your reply. I really want to be happy but this situation really makes it hard for me. I will try my best to find my own path.

Quick Reply

Latest