Turn on thread page Beta

would u rather watch

ReputationRep:
    Be born into a family with no money living on a council estate and leaving school at 16 destined to have a ****ty job, or not be born at all?
    tough choice!

ReputationRep:
    There is more to life than money and qualifications, actually, so it's not a very tough choice at all. I'm glad you chose to make this thread, though.

ReputationRep:
    No such thing as being 'destined' to anything, you make your own future. Even if you lived on a council estate, I did. Now I'm going to Uni. :P

ReputationRep:
    I would still choose to be born.. even if you have no money and a crap job you can still be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    There is more to life than money and qualifications, actually, so it's not a very tough choice at all. I'm glad you chose to make this thread, though.
    Yeah, *******.

After that I'm not so sure.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you lol? Its the kind of thing my little brother asks 'If you had to choose, or the world ended, who would you rather die... me or mum'. :p:

In answer - duno since death is a question mark...

ReputationRep:
    I would choose the first option because you can always turn your life around.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't know the difference, surely?

ReputationRep:
    It all boils down to whether you believe in destiny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JocastaJackal)
    No such thing as being 'destined' to anything, you make your own future. Even if you lived on a council estate, I did. Now I'm going to Uni. :P
    Couldn't of put it better myself

ReputationRep:
    Wow, i cant believe you think some people would actually prefer to be not born. It doesn't matter what kind of family you come from or where your brought up, you can still do anything you want to.
    My Dad grew up in a council estate, was expelled from school at 14 and working at 15 before he decided to do night classes and work to save up to go to uni and hes now a barrister so i really think that being born into a less privaliged background can stop you from getting an education and being succesful.
    Even so, loads of people dont go to uni and get good jobs, whether their from a council estate or not, not everyone is overly concerned with things like that, their successful in other aspects of their life such as their family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirtyHarry)
    Yeah, *******.

After that I'm not so sure.
    That could have been a brilliant post but for the censoring of the most important word in it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather have my grammer and be a live.

ReputationRep:
    Do you really think that is a tough choice? I think people face far more difficult situations in life and there is no reason why you can't be happy in a life like that.

So for me, it would be the former. I think it would take great sadness in life before I would think it is better not to be born at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotte01)
    Be born into a family with no money living on a council estate and leaving school at 16 destined to have a ****ty job, or not be born at all?
    tough choice!
    Dunno tbh, but I can understand how you wish your parents had never had you.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with the first option. I'd rather be dead than rich though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Do you really think that is a tough choice? I think people face far more difficult situations in life and there is no reason why you can't be happy in a life like that.

So for me, it would be the former. I think it would take great sadness in life before I would think it is better not to be born at all.
    I agree, although it's not ideal, those living in council flats are far richer than a large part of the world. If you look at some of the poverty in Africa/India it puts a whole different perspective on things.

Living on a council estate also connotes that you must be a chav or similar, this isn't always true. Just thought I'd clear that up.

ReputationRep:
    defintely the first one, im a worker, me

ReputationRep:
    This is an awful question. There are so many worse places to be born into- starving countries, war ridden countries, being born with a servere disability- list is endless.

How could this be bad enough to not actually want to be born.

YOU make YOUR own life, not your background or wealth.

ReputationRep:
    wow my life is no way as bad as the first option and i still say sometimes 'i wish i wasnt ever born' just shows how ungrateful i am!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.