The Student Room Group

Islamic wedding price

Which price for islamic wedding is considered as expensive therefore haram? Is a wedding dress which cost £115 or below considered as expensive in Islam? Around how much will be a reasonable price for a wedding with between 100 and 150 guess, no music, dancers, other haram stuff; only things like a hall (which will be part of a mosque), food for the guess of course, maybe a wedding designer (it will be a simple wedding), etc.

Thx
Original post by Damdam2002
Which price for islamic wedding is considered as expensive therefore haram? Is a wedding dress which cost £115 or below considered as expensive in Islam? Around how much will be a reasonable price for a wedding with between 100 and 150 guess, no music, dancers, other haram stuff; only things like a hall (which will be part of a mosque), food for the guess of course, maybe a wedding designer (it will be a simple wedding), etc.

Thx

LOVE THIS entire post bro/ sis

Best advice. If your a practicing muslim. Have a islamic wedding. Screw all cultural norms

I remember a narration once of a sahabi RA who gave his bride a Surah as her dowry. Like what dowry amount is better than that!

My wedding will be similar. No music, no dance and no haraam stuff. Just a small ceremony at the mosque consisting of close family. Where we do the Nikkah. Then going to go back to my house and have a small party consisting of close family and friends. 50 people max. No need to hire a camera person or wedding planner. We can do that ourselves

Then planning on giving money to those in need and then going on a loooong vacay. Thats how you use your money wisely!

Good luck on your wedding. Best wishes
If you are part of an islamic sect or family that all view spending a lot of money on a wedding as a sin, other members of your social network may be willing to provide you with free premises and access to like-minded religious people offering discounts for wedding planning/outfits/catering and a legal binding religious ceremony performed free of charge.
Ask around.

I've seen very strict practising members of other religions organise weddings on a very tight budget because they believe that spending large amounts of money is evil. But never followers of islam.
Mainly fundamentalist christians, fundamentalist mormons, members of the luthuran church, unification church and fundamentalist hindus.
In these days of the love of dunya.....I wish you the best in finding any husband/wife/family that will be happy accepting a surah or any 'low' price for a wedding.
I wanted to budget a wedding at £700- and was laughed out of the house..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending