Birmingham uni accommodation

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm going to apply for accommodation at UoB in the next few weeks, but can't really tell the difference between the green community and tennis courts. Is it literally just that the green community focuses more on being eco friendly or are there actual differences in the buildings/facilities etc?
UoB - Engineering and Physical Sciences
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm going to apply for accommodation at UoB in the next few weeks, but can't really tell the difference between the green community and tennis courts. Is it literally just that the green community focuses more on being eco friendly or are there actual differences in the buildings/facilities etc?
Hi there,

In terms of the actualy buildings/facilities, there is very little difference, but if you're interested in sustainability and are environmentally minded, then I would definitely recommend applying for it as it'll give you the oppportunity to connect with likeminded people and make changes to the accomodation itself! You might have seen it already but i'll link the page to the Green Community's website, which also has links to their social medias, so you can get more of an idea of what it'd be like living there!

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/study/a...Community.aspx

Hope that helps,

James
___Vivek___
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by UoB - Engineering and Physical Sciences)
Hi there,

In terms of the actualy buildings/facilities, there is very little difference, but if you're interested in sustainability and are environmentally minded, then I would definitely recommend applying for it as it'll give you the oppportunity to connect with likeminded people and make changes to the accomodation itself! You might have seen it already but i'll link the page to the Green Community's website, which also has links to their social medias, so you can get more of an idea of what it'd be like living there!

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/study/a...Community.aspx

Hope that helps,

James
On the virtual tours the Green community looks likes its been refurbished recently, so I am edging towards choosing it over tennis court, is it actually nicer or is the difference not noticeable when you get there?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (140)
40.23%
The paper was reasonable (161)
46.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (32)
9.2%
It was TERRIBLE (15)
4.31%

Watched Threads