Combination bike lock stuck

Watch
Sine.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My bike lock is a 4 pin combination lock, it’s where you turn the numbers until you get the right combination and the lock pops open.

I was midway through locking the bike (I was scrambling the numbers up so no one could guess the password when one of the ‘pins’ got jammed. Now, the other 3 pins work and I can change the numbers however one is jammed so I can’t unlock the lock.

Sorry if I made it sound complicated, any help would be appreciated as my bike is now stuck outside a library.

If it helps I can send you a picture of the jammed lock if you ask.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by i.Luffy)
My bike lock is a 4 pin combination lock, it’s where you turn the numbers until you get the right combination and the lock pops open.

I was midway through locking the bike (I was scrambling the numbers up so no one could guess the password when one of the ‘pins’ got jammed. Now, the other 3 pins work and I can change the numbers however one is jammed so I can’t unlock the lock.

Sorry if I made it sound complicated, any help would be appreciated as my bike is now stuck outside a library.

If it helps I can send you a picture of the jammed lock if you ask.
Porters might have some bolt cutters.
Some wd40? £land sells v small cans usually.
Various methods here:
http://thebestbikelock.com/best-bike...-lock-jamming/

Have seen people use this method of pulling on the cable or u part till you meat resistance and then rotate round , rinse and repeat.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you leave it there long enough I'm certain someone else will manage to remove it without the pin, so you probably can likewise do the same. I'd suggest just getting some bolt-croppers, cutting it off, and buying a new lock.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (8)
14.55%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (8)
14.55%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (6)
10.91%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (21)
38.18%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (10)
18.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed