Quabee
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm writing about environmental health chemical engineering and pharmacy is it advisable?
chrismanning0711
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
This post makes no sense, title Personal statement then ''I'm writing about environmental health chemical engineering and pharmacy is it advisable?''. What are you asking?
Quabee
Rep:
I'm new to this platform please exercise some patience with me. I'm interested in environmental health so in my choices I listed environmental health and other 2 courses which I think are related to environmental health. Thus chemical engineering and pharmacy. I was wondering how to structure my personal statement please
chrismanning0711
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I'm applying for chemical engineering, it is a good course to do if you want to get into environmental health, there is now a big focus on water purification and making process productions environmentally friendly. I can copy my personal statement here for chemical engineering I have received offers for AAA from Sheffield and Loughborough and BBB from Queens Belfast and surrey, I'm still waiting to hear from Manchester. So if you want to see it just ask.
chrismanning0711
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
The important thing is that you show that you understand what the course is about as a lot of people apply thinking that it is just chemistry, when in reality it actually contains little chemistry and more maths and physics
Quabee
Rep:
May I have ur personal contact email or something so that I send it to you so you can confirm I'm on the right chanel?
Quabee
Rep:
(Original post by chrismanning0711)
I'm applying for chemical engineering, it is a good course to do if you want to get into environmental health, there is now a big focus on water purification and making process productions environmentally friendly. I can copy my personal statement here for chemical engineering I have received offers for AAA from Sheffield and Loughborough and BBB from Queens Belfast and surrey, I'm still waiting to hear from Manchester. So if you want to see it just ask.
Yes please can you post it so I take a look thank you
ohdearstudying
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Quabee)
May I have ur personal contact email or something so that I send it to you so you can confirm I'm on the right chanel?
Yes please can you post it so I take a look thank you
These are all big no-no's. Under no circumstances should you send your personal statement to another person. TSR takes it seriously to my knowledge and they have a PS reviewing tool that is extremely helpful and has some really knowledgable people.

Considering how late OP has left it can be especially tempting to inadvertently 'copy' things which is not conducive to anything as they'll be flagged up for plagiarism (and potentially could cause issues for the both of you).

But you should not ask, if you are looking for looser advice that's fine but to send it is extremely risky and not advised at all - anyone on here would tell you that.
Quabee
Rep:
(Original post by ohdearstudying)
These are all big no-no's. Under no circumstances should you send your personal statement to another person. TSR takes it seriously to my knowledge and they have a PS reviewing tool that is extremely helpful and has some really knowledgable people.

Considering how late OP has left it can be especially tempting to inadvertently 'copy' things which is not conducive to anything as they'll be flagged up for plagiarism (and potentially could cause issues for the both of you).

But you should not ask, if you are looking for looser advice that's fine but to send it is extremely risky and not advised at all - anyone on here would tell you that.
My apologies I'm new to the platform
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
My apologies I'm new to the platform
(Original post by ohdearstudying)

As ohdearstudying has already said, do NOT post your PS on ANY public thread on TSR or to ANY user!

TSR does offer a Personal Statement review service, but gives priority to users with 100+ posts on TSR. Contribute to the TSR community and you’ll reach the threshold and be able to get some assistance ☺️

I’ll post a link to the details of the ONLY place you can post your PS on TSR.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4237154
Last edited by CTLeafez; 1 year ago
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I'm new to this platform please exercise some patience with me. I'm interested in environmental health so in my choices I listed environmental health and other 2 courses which I think are related to environmental health. Thus chemical engineering and pharmacy. I was wondering how to structure my personal statement please
I wouldn't say either of those courses are related specifically to environmental health - certainly not pharmacy, and if you're considering the engineering route, environmental engineering would be a much closer route to environmental health.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (68)
32.85%
Yes - a trusted person (58)
28.02%
No (54)
26.09%
I'm not sure (27)
13.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed