Seeking advice

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I’m really struggling at home. I have been for about 3 years on and off. I was in a really bad place mentally because of being unhappy at college and not having time to see friends so I felt lonely. I turned to my parents to say I was mentally ill and needed their support but they don’t believe in mental health issues so pushed it aside ( this was about 18 months ago.) I started acting horrible and reacting saying horrible things, I didn’t mean them it’s like I had no
control of what was coming out of my mouth. Anyways I picked myself up and left college, started an apprenticeship and everything became a lot better but my parents won’t accept that & still use what I was like as excuses to not forgive me now. I’m trying really hard but it still makes me re act sometimes because when I cry out it’s always turned on me and made my fault, so I argue with my parents a lot because of that. I have good and bad days and my bad days lead back to self harm ( which my parents think is attention seeking) I only do it as a way to calm myself down (I’m not sure if that sounds silly) so yeah if I could have some advice on what to do that Would be amazing, Thankyou xx
Ztormie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Possibly contact your local GP to inquire about therapy? X I honestly hope your mental health improves; it's extremely important. 💘
A giant chicken
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Your parents have failed you imo...their support would probably have helped a ton. Nevertheless, you should definitely seek therapy as then you'll have someone who understands and listens
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (93)
28.27%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.37%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.84%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.73%
No - I live at home during term anyway (98)
29.79%

Watched Threads