Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’ve heard that people at Coventry uni tend to be quite loud and party a lot and that the popular vibe/environment is rowdy - how true is this? Coventry seems a good university however the social aspect seems too rowdy and intimidating at the moment.
- a level student/future uni student
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve heard that people at Coventry uni tend to be quite loud and party a lot and that the popular vibe/environment is rowdy - how true is this? Coventry seems a good university however the social aspect seems too rowdy and intimidating at the moment.
Hello,

From my personal experience (as someone who doesn't go out very often) the university isn't too rowdy and although it may seem intimidating at first, you soon become a lot more confident once you find your feet! I have settled very well and haven't experienced anything unsettling that you may be referring to.

There are lots of opportunities for a range of social events to suit all kinds of people whether that is going on a night out with friends to a club/bar or just taking part in games afternoons hosted by the library, events run in your university accommodation etc which are much more relaxed.

There are also lots of options for accommodation types that may suit you best e.g. if you want a quieter space. If you have any questions regarding Accommodation, please contact our team on 024 7615 8158 or email [email protected].

Also to add, Protection services are on hand 24/7 at the university so if you ever feel unsafe or need help, they are available to come out to you on campus.

I hope this is useful for you

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there,

Coventry, like every other city, can be quite loud and filled with parties. However, there are also areas that are much less quiet and calmer; depending on where you choose to hang out or stay while you're at Uni. Because it is a small city, it's easy to feel like the environment is quite intimidating because the rowdiness appears to be everywhere. These places are only quite loud and noisy on student nights, society nights or if people choose to hang out.

There are people at Uni who don't enjoy that kind of environment too and opt for activities such as going to the cinema, staying in to do indoor activities, joining a society or simply doing your own thing. Sometimes the library host afternoon events so there may be live animals to see, afternoon tea, doing something to raise money for charity etc. With the mental health and wellbeing department, they do annual activities such as trips to the Cat Lounge where entry and a drink is free.

Personally, as you become used to your environment, you'll find Coventry to be less intimidating as you realise because you'll finally find your way, where you want to be, what you want to do and who with. As Amy has already said, there are plenty of opportunities to do the things you want to do and also at your own pace.

The best thing to do is to give things a try and see what works for you.

Thank you for your message!

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition student
Last edited by Coventry University Student Ambassadors; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (21)
44.68%
No, they should still go ahead (11)
23.4%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (15)
31.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed