night eating.. Watch

Smile-Like-You-Mean-It
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
this is purely to anyone who struggles not to snack on sweets/chocolate/crisps...late night munchies!

How do you do it? I will be fine till about 8 or 9pm when i just feel like eating, when really i shouldnt as im trying to lose some weight!, tonight i was successful until 9.30pm when i had cereal and 2 slices of toast. i'm not hungry just eat coz its there! what do you do to take away the want to eat?
x x x
johannski
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Smile-Like-You-Mean-It)
this is purely to anyone who struggles not to snack on sweets/chocolate/crisps...late night munchies!

How do you do it? I will be fine till about 8 or 9pm when i just feel like eating, when really i shouldnt as im trying to lose some weight!, tonight i was successful until 9.30pm when i had cereal and 2 slices of toast. i'm not hungry just eat coz its there! what do you do to take away the want to eat?
x x x
wow! I though i was the only one :eek: I do the same thing! Right now I buy water melon to eat (just had loads and loads) cause, in my mind at least, it's not as bad. Otherwise it's just to get the mind of food I suppose.
Yasmin2K8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have cereal at like 2 am in the morning and this habit is increasing.
Meeee :)
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Try brushing your teeth or have chewing gum. The minty taste should put you off wanting to eat coz it would make your food taste funny :p:
Sijia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
After dinner, whether it'd be 6pm or 8pm, I usually don't eat anything more. Maybe a scoop of ice cream or a few crackers. But any more than that really isn't good for you.
Lacks Organisation
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
I always get really hungry right about now. The only reason I don't go and snack is because the others in my house are asleep and I don't want to wake them up! (it's impossible to sneak, since there's no carpet upstairs-just creaky old floorboards). I'm lucky really 'cause otherwise I'd be sliding in an extra meal every day!
chupa chup
Report 10 years ago
Diet coke is a saviour, and if it stops you sleeping then you can get a caffeine free version. Also snacking on raw mushrooms, barely any calories, carbs or fat.
Smile-Like-You-Mean-It
Rep:
?
okay, well i will brush my teeth at 8pm and hopefully that will reduce the chances of me doing it!
right well im off to bed, dont want to risk eating anymore, thanks to everyones help except for U_Avin_A_Laff-I knew some idiot would say something like that! xxx
Vickyy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just plan the snack into my day. When I have dinner I tend consider that I'll want to have cereal by 8pm, so I eat a smaller meal. Small meals, often.
uthred50
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
Im like that too.
I have no breakky, late lunch, not too hungry for dinner, then get hungry about 9.

It's wierd
g_star_raw_1989
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
I eat about 5/6 chocolate bars during the night; yet don't put any weight on.

As a matter of fact in the last 30 mins, I've had a Boost and Cadburys Creme egg twister.

Must be high metabolism.
Neznayu
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To take away the desire to eat, I eat. I had 6 eggs, scrambled, at 3am this morning yet I have a BMI of 17
Smile-Like-You-Mean-It
Rep:
?
(Original post by g_star_raw_1989)
I eat about 5/6 chocolate bars during the night; yet don't put any weight on.

As a matter of fact in the last 30 mins, I've had a Boost and Cadburys Creme egg twister.

Must be high metabolism.
lucky! x chocolate is my weakness! x
wellerism
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
High metabolism rocks!
xBillyBrownx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I tend to eat nothing all day and then start eating really late at night. It sucks but yeah I can live with it. I'm currently having a Galaxy caramel .
g_star_raw_1989
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Smile-Like-You-Mean-It)
lucky! x chocolate is my weakness! x
Unlucky :p:
M_J
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xBillyBrownx)
I tend to eat nothing all day and then start eating really late at night. It sucks but yeah I can live with it.
Me too!
Right now I'm eating my tea.
Pasta =D
lizk123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I only ever eat lots at night when I have been at work, but after I have brushed my teeth I don't like to eat anything, so brushing your teeth could help?
Cat-x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i know exactly where your coming from, i find myself eating late at night - usually cereal and toast... and often its out of pure boredom - not good. however, like other have said cleaning my teeth straight after eating my last meal does help, i cant stand eating after having cleaned my teeth - everything tastes wierd!
Kink
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
this makes me hungry...might go and get golden cheerios now and nice cold, ice cold milk...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (866)
80.11%
Leave (215)
19.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed