Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    it's soo good to know i'm not the only one with these weird habits! i'm on a diet and i was doing so well until around 11.30pm, when i decided to have a slice of bread. it was rather comforting. this worries me. will try the brushing of the teeth suggestion though!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a night snacker not eater, but now I really fancy some pasta.. I dont even usually like pasta..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johannski)
    wow! I though i was the only one :eek: I do the same thing! Right now I buy water melon to eat (just had loads and loads) cause, in my mind at least, it's not as bad. Otherwise it's just to get the mind of food I suppose.
    You just reminded me to go buy water melon tomorrow, it's on offer at 0.89€/kg :p:

Peas are great summer snacks too.

I tend to eat lots of things that supposedly make one fat, too, though. I can eat whatever I want without significantly gaining weight so it doesn't matter

ReputationRep:
    I always have ice lolly things in the freezer to snack on, basically just water and sweeteners. 0.6 calories each. Filling ... ! But it works.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sat here eating dry Shreddies.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who eats late into the night

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling Op, I can be awful sometimes. Tonight I had 2 bottles of booze and ice cream. Usually I have something really low fat if I'm that bad. I'm a fan of tuna. My Mum likes low fat hot choc.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same...always wanna eat/snack at night, don't tend to like having breakfast but get hungrier the later it gets, and often just start craving something really random and find it impossibe to gt it out of my head! Got out of bed, got dressed and went out at half 11 the other night cause I couldn't get the thought of spring rolls out of my head so had to get there before they closed! It's silly.....

ReputationRep:
    I always seem to have my biggest meal of the day at about 2am...

ReputationRep:
    chew on chewing gum, or just drink plenty of water, to make you feel not hungry

dont go in the kitchen, lol..or just make youself busy..like watch a movie..or talk, or draw, whatever that can help you stay away from food..

or if someone catches you eating get them to tell you NOO..etc

ReputationRep:
    cant believe theres so many other people that do it! totally sympathise, just sat here thinking 'mmmm im hungry' when i saw the post! Have satisfied it with half a toblerone - will no doubt regret that in the morning! if i go to bed early i dont have the problem! XD

ReputationRep:
    I only really have 1 meal a day - dinner, because my mum makes it.

Rest of the time I'm snacking, day or night.
    Ahhhhh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ooze)
    I always have ice lolly things in the freezer to snack on, basically just water and sweeteners. 0.6 calories each. Filling ... ! But it works.
    Now I really fancy an ice lolly!

ReputationRep:
    I do as well - have done for about 3 years now It's usually at 1am; I just go into the kitchen and consume any leftovers from dinner. If there's none, then I forage for food in the fridge(s) and cupboards. Failing that, then I would just boil up some supernoodles or something.

ReputationRep:
    i ****!

ReputationRep:
    The late night food craving has just kicked in for me but I shall resist till morning.

Well I can because i'm stuck in the middle of nowhere with food, it's usually a more trying affair.

ReputationRep:
    lol in chinese culture its almost normal to have a midnight snack, (though i take this a bit furthur/later) last night at 3am i made a full blown meal - chicken wings, yorkshire puds ect ect XD... its normal ^^

ReputationRep:
    It's not even hunger, is it? It's just eating for the sake of it.
    I've found that it's worse if i'm sat in my bedroom watching tele. It's like every ad break. Guess i should watch the BBC a little more and channel 4/E4 a little less.
    I'm not too bad if i'm on the computer, i guess because your hands are busy.
    hmm, i've heard suggestions of knitting before.
    A few years ago I somehow developed some will power and quit eating after 8 using the mantra "eat after 8, put on weight". Seriously, i shed so much weight. I slowly started night time eating again and have put all the weight and more back on, a few times i've tried quittingit agai, but i can't it's too hard, i have no will power!!

ReputationRep:
    All the time. It's usually either toast, or beans on toast.

Either way, I'm never in a good mood when we don't have bread in. Not that anyone's awake to care.

ReputationRep:
    i just ate 4 toast and crisps. i failed

(Original post by Charlybob)
    All the time. It's usually either toast, or beans on toast.

Either way, I'm never in a good mood when we don't have bread in. Not that anyone's awake to care.
    last night at about 4, i found we had bacon and sausage but no bread, i wasn't best pleased.

even with a new loaf bought today (yesterday) my sister decided to have toast too, so i have 1 crust for my 5am bacon sarny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HJV)

I tend to eat lots of things that supposedly make one fat, too, though. I can eat whatever I want without significantly gaining weight so it doesn't matter
    I hate you No seriously, I can't eat ANYTHING "unhealthy" without gaining weight - and fast! Can't eat more than about 1 slice of bread (the best kind, mind you) without bloating It's really annoying cause you know I can stay away from sugary stuff but hell we all need carbs! And if I eat any unhealthy stuff I gain weight (and loads) right away. Wish I was more like you :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.