Turn on thread page Beta

Divorce - Am I A Prick? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aconite)
    No, I used to sing that at school, too. In assembly.

Once, Martin Lunt wet himself and had to be removed - although I think that was during "He's Got The Whole World", not "Magic Penny".

I read that as martin luther.
    and was amazed.

the reformation was about to take on a WHOLE new meaning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aconite)
    No, I used to sing that at school, too. In assembly.

Once, Martin Lunt wet himself and had to be removed - although I think that was during "He's Got The Whole World", not "Magic Penny".
    "he's got the whole world in his hands, he's got the whole wide world in his hands...":woo:

ReputationRep:
    i agree with some others, it wasnt just down to him, it was your mum too. she was the one who chose to go with him and leave your dad!
    i think its very hard for people with divorced parents, and i expect if i had been older i would have refused to have anything to do with my mums partner, who she was seeing just before my parents split up. however for parents to split up and want to cheat etc there has to be something wrong with their relationship in the first place. your dad seems happy now and things have worked out for him and your mum obviously wants you to be included in eveyrthing in her life, this includes meeting her boyfriend. She has said it is fine if you dont want to, i expect she would say this anyways as she doenst want to loose her relationship with you.
    if i was you i would meet him, but it is really up to you, i understand why you dont want to, but if he makes your mum happy i would give him a chance.
    good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks for some good points, guys.

Like I said, I really want to do it for my Mum, but I'm a pretty honest person and I have absolutely no self-control for some things; I can honestly see myself saying something completely awkward and having to leave - in the most awkward silence ever seen.

Has anyone been through the same thing as me?

ReputationRep:
    well when my parents split up i didnt have a lot of choice as i had to live with mum and her partner came with her. i had said to her at the time if i was older and had the choice i wouldnt have wanted to meet him. but its been 4 years now and im glad i did. i can just tell my mum is a lot happier.
    my mums partners daughter encouraged him to leave her mum but then didnt want to meet my mum, and although my mum and her knew each other before she doesnt want to meet her again. Its kinda sad because it means she doesnt see her dad much, and doesnt come and stay but she has just made things difficult.

i think if you do meet him things maybe difficult at first, it sometimes takes a little time and you shouldnt be too hasty. atleast if you meet him you can say you tried, if you dont then you will alwyas wonder what things may have been like.

good luck x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.