Vibrating hamsters Watch

The Strangest Quark
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Does anybody else remember these being really popular in the late nineties/early 2000s? My boyfriend insists he's never seen or heard of them and thinks I imagined this craze in a dream. And I am beginning to wonder if he is right. They really don't seem to exist any more - one or two websites are selling them as cat toys, but the vibrating hamster keyrings in various colours that all my school friends had seem to have disappeared off the face of the planet. You could even get hamster balls for them, I think.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Alot of my female friends at school had them....
pollystyrene07
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh yeah, i've got 1 of those! it's crazzzy
Epic Win
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i remember them
we used to get them for the cats to play with
Meoldmucker
Report 10 years ago
Are these some kind of sexually stimulating device or…
The Epicurean
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Meoldmucker)
Lol, they were a little kids toy. :eek: They have to be the strangest toy ever yet they were actually quite cool. :p:
SuffocatedAnxiety
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh they were amazing! Little fuzzy hamsters you pull a cord on and they vibrate so they look like they're shuffling round?

If you think they're fun, try playing cricket with them! Happy days! Until one got stuck on the roof..

I think my dad was confused to say the least when he went up there to do something and found a half mouldy hamster.. But yeah, you didn't imagine them. Ahhh, what I'd give for hamster cricket now..
PPB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
wouldn't the fake fur get stuck though?
thats funny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
for cats or pussies yeah - take your pick :yy:
Ed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I remember them *reminisces* they definitely existed.
cherrybella1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha, I still have one of those knocking about somewhere! Werent they from claires?... which now reminds me of when they had so many good keyrings! And those little plastic alien things that people thought you could get pregnant, which you tried to do and then proceeded to try and figure out which were male and which were female, and then spent every 10 minutes checking them to see if a baby was growing!
Emmska
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Meoldmucker)
:rofl: That would be the vibrating rubber duck

I remember them OP. I also remember the little chickens that chirped when you held them on your palm, they were awesome!
MSB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've never had a vibrating hamster, or any other rodent.
charlottie.
Report 10 years ago
I remember! I think I still have one now.

Why are there no silly toys like that now? Kids in the nineties were so easily amused, give them a vibrating hamster or one of those aliens in the goo and they'd be happy all day
Ed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by charlottie.)

Why are there no silly toys like that now? Kids in the nineties were so easily amused, give them a vibrating hamster or one of those aliens in the goo and they'd be happy all day
If you put two aliens together they had babies. Plus they all hatched on the Millennium.
SuffocatedAnxiety
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by charlottie.)

Orrrrr.. even better than those.. Fart putty!! Now that really was fun for hours. And silly string, though that was only fun until it ran out.
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yo-yos were easily the best invention ever, the amount of tricks i could do before mine broke. fun for everyone for hours.
charlottie.
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ed.)
If you put two aliens together they had babies. Plus they all hatched on the Millennium.
However hard I tried, I never managed to get a baby. I wonder how they worked... it's a mystery.

(Original post by SuffocatedAnxiety)
Orrrrr.. even better than those.. Fart putty!! Now that really was fun for hours. And silly string, though that was only fun until it ran out.
Sadly, I never got to try fart putty. I always wanted to, though. Silly string was great too.
cherrybella1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ViolatedTreason)
yo-yos were easily the best invention ever, the amount of tricks i could do before mine broke. fun for everyone for hours.
yo-yos!! I used to do an excellent cats cradle if I do say so myself. I remember everyones hands used to hurt because we all played with them that much. Also, I remember when they got banned at my school because someone threw one in a boys face and it broke his nose!
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cherrybella1)
yo-yos!! I used to do an excellent cats cradle if I do say so myself. I remember everyones hands used to hurt because we all played with them that much. Also, I remember when they got banned at my school because someone threw one in a boys face and it broke his nose!
i once had mine on for so long my middle finger went blue, and i had serious friction burns. and my cats cradle was my speciality. can still do it too. cant remember the other tricks though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (295)
26.06%
Yes - they're famous (288)
25.44%
No I don't (549)
48.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed