I have no faith of passing the theory test

Watch
Aliyah24
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I've been learning to drive automatic and I'm feeling quite confident about the practical test but I don't think I will get to the point of actually passing because I'm sure I'm gonna fail the theory part.

I'm doing revision using the DVSA app from the Play Store and I'm semi confident about the multiple choice but it's the hazard perception that I'm going to fail.

I go through clips and tap on the hazards but I either tap too soon or too late and I get a score of 2 or 0. I recently reset the scores and got 5 on like 3 or 4 clips but then after that it's like rigged or something. Someone told me to pretend I'm driving the car and to wait like 1 or 2 seconds before tapping but it still hasn't worked.

I'm starting to feel the pressure a bit because I'm getting good at my lessons and my instructor is gonna tell me I'm ready for the test soon but I cant so the test without completing theory and I'm like "I'm gonna fail 😢"
username4168344
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Aliyah24)
I've been learning to drive automatic and I'm feeling quite confident about the practical test but I don't think I will get to the point of actually passing because I'm sure I'm gonna fail the theory part.

I'm doing revision using the DVSA app from the Play Store and I'm semi confident about the multiple choice but it's the hazard perception that I'm going to fail.

I go through clips and tap on the hazards but I either tap too soon or too late and I get a score of 2 or 0. I recently reset the scores and got 5 on like 3 or 4 clips but then after that it's like rigged or something. Someone told me to pretend I'm driving the car and to wait like 1 or 2 seconds before tapping but it still hasn't worked.

I'm starting to feel the pressure a bit because I'm getting good at my lessons and my instructor is gonna tell me I'm ready for the test soon but I cant so the test without completing theory and I'm like "I'm gonna fail 😢"
So you wanna give up before you even try the real test?

Let me give you tips about the hazard.

1. Always pay attention with the clips. Keep your eyes on the clips, the moving cars.
2. Use your common sense. What could cause problems or accidents before they even reach near you? The earlier you recognise those hazards, the better.
3. Even if you suspect something is hazard, click the button, you got nothing to lose. Just don't click more than 5 in a single clip.

What could fail you your hazard test

1. Thinking about somewhere else while you're on the hazard clips.
2. Clicking it when the hazard already reached you.
3. Not clicking when you suspect something is hazard.
4. Not keeping your eyes on the moving cars specially those tiny ones (motorcycles and bicycles).
5.Not giving extra attention to the junctions.
6. Not paying attention to the Vehicle signal lights.

N/B Just keep practising everyday, you will get there but don't give up when you haven't even tried the real test.
Aliyah24
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I'm not going to give up because I really want my own car but I feel like I'll have to redo the tests. Like I know passing first time is maybe a little unrealistic, the doubt is passing the second time or more times.

Thanks for your suggestions I shall try them out!
username4168344
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I'm not going to give up because I really want my own car but I feel like I'll have to redo the tests. Like I know passing first time is maybe a little unrealistic, the doubt is passing the second time or more times.

Thanks for your suggestions I shall try them out!
Look this way. Next time you go to the test centre think like you're going to pass, get rid of failing thoughts. That helps a lot.

But nothing happens in magic, you gotta do lot hazard clips and don't depend on the app only as well. Check out websites as well and check yourself if you can make it right. Check this links and practise with it.

https://www.safedrivingforlife.info/...erception-test
https://www.theory-test-online.co.uk...-test-demo.htm
https://www.theorytest.org/hazard-perception
https://test.1driver.co.uk/hazard-perception-test/
https://hazardperceptiontest.net/

N/B Till you can make it 100% right, don't go near the test centre.
nulogicsound
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

It sounds like you are doing all of the right things and revising hard. I found the app super helpful too. I had a friend exactly like you, who really struggled with the hazard perception and granted it did take her a few tries but she has passed now.

Do you have it booked? I think you need to get it out of the way as it sounds like your anxiety is building up which won't help. Don't forget, if at first you don't succeed, not to be too hard on yourself as you're not the only one to ever fail their theory test and you can try again

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (107)
28.38%
No - I have already returned home (50)
13.26%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (71)
18.83%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.34%
No - I live at home during term anyway (110)
29.18%

Watched Threads