The Student Room Group

Have you ever drank alcohol and driven a car?

Obviously within limits? My mate has 1-2 pints and drives and tells me its fine as he is within limits and I can do the same but I refuse. Wouldn’t drive even if I had a sip of his pint tbh. Before I have a drink at home I ask myself do I need to drive today, if no I carry on, if yes I don’t bother.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ThuggerThugger
Obviously within limits? My mate has 1-2 pints and drives and tells me its fine as he is within limits and I can do the same but I refuse. Wouldn’t drive even if I had a sip of his pint tbh. Before I have a drink at home I ask myself do I need to drive today, if no I carry on, if yes I don’t bother.

2 pints would likely be over the limit.
I had a pint of cider and drove the other day and was perfectly fine, just made sure I was really concentrating and only ever have a single pint of something that’s pretty low alcohol. It’s obviously better to have nothing but pretty sure one pint of cider or beer is within the limits.
Reply 3
Original post by Jess.1819
I had a pint of cider and drove the other day and was perfectly fine, just made sure I was really concentrating and only ever have a single pint of something that’s pretty low alcohol. It’s obviously better to have nothing but pretty sure one pint of cider or beer is within the limits.

Don't be so sure. Everyone has different tolerances.

Only way to know for sure is with a BAC measuring device.
No.
I don't drive if I've had any alcohol to drink in the last 15 hours.
I personally haven’t but people I work with will have 1 pint after work then drive home. Most people I know will have 1 pint if they are driving but then no more alcohol just soft drinks
Original post by IWMTom
Don't be so sure. Everyone has different tolerances.

Only way to know for sure is with a BAC measuring device.

Yeah Ik you can never be sure cause it effects people differently I just meant if you must drink that’s probably the most you want to have if you want to be within limits for most people.

it was the first time I’d ever done it myself and I definitely don’t condone driving after drinking, I just personally felt fit to drive a short distance on quiet roads with someone else in the car who hadn’t had a drink on that one occasion, wouldn’t do it again unless I absolutely had to.
Reply 7
I've never done either
I'm in Scotland where the limit is strict and I was generally up and out 6am ish so I need to be really careful drinking the night before, it's possible i've been borderline a few times as a result (although i always err on the side of caution when working out units vs sleep)

I'm glad to see the laws on it toughening up tbh, when i was a teen in mid 90's it was still seen as almost socially acceptable in many ways, still illegal but not taken as seriously.
I think we're a bit blind to the fact that units/blood alcohol isn't ideal measuring, it's kind of like BMI in that it only tells half the story, in that people can react to alcohol in very different ways.

I'm prob a below average drinker at this point, but i can have nights where i can drink say 8 beers, and beyond a slight buzz be basically ok, speech, motor skills, judgement all functional. But on the flip side I can have days where 2-3 beers hits me really hard and I would be in no state to drive, proper drunk. Whether its what i've eaten, how long i've slept, what sort of booze it is, whatever other factors....there's obv a huge difference in effect.
So you're implying only men should be able to drink and drive because they're more assertive?

So misogynistic, hun.
Reply 11
Original post by cheerIeader
So you're implying only men should be able to drink and drive because they're more assertive?

So misogynistic, hun.

Where's this come from :laugh:
Original post by IWMTom
Where's this come from :laugh:

Well for starters, the post was made by a man and terms like 'mate' are really male-orientated, women are also being ignored under the thread/not interacted with which just reinforces patriarchy. Women can be rebellious too, hun. I broke a million hearts just for fun.
Reply 13
Well for starters, the post was made by a man and terms like 'mate' are really male-orientated, women are also being ignored under the thread/not interacted with which just reinforces patriarchy. Women can be rebellious too, hun. I broke a million hearts just for fun.

Get a life :laugh: :laugh:
Nah, I have a pretty low tolerance to alcohol so I wouldn't risk it.
Blows my mind the amount of people that would though, it's selfish imo.
I never drive if I'm going to drink.
Not worth the risk, of losing your licence, and a hefty fine.

Your trolling isn’t even good
Original post by ThuggerThugger
Your trolling isn’t even good

I'm literally not even trying to troll? Is that what feminism has been reduced to? You're objectifying me right now by describing me as a troll.
Original post by IWMTom
Get a life :laugh: :laugh:

So you're assuming I don't have a life? Well perhaps that's due to patriarchy and how I've been confined to traditional roles of women as housewives and mothers. I'm glad you're really pitching in on supporting the cause.
Reply 19
So you're assuming I don't have a life? Well perhaps that's due to patriarchy and how I've been confined to traditional roles of women as housewives and mothers. I'm glad you're really pitching in on supporting the cause.

Nice troll 🙌🙌

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending