Turn on thread page Beta

Is this combination of products bad for my teeth? (Not related to sex in any way) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I use Sensodyne Pro-namel tooth paste, Pearl Drops tooth polish & Plax Whitening mouthwash. Twice a day.

I used to use the pearl drops with a normal toothpaste (aquafresh) and the mouthwash and everything was fine, but since I've started using the pearl drops with the sensodyne I've noticed my teeth end up feeling really dry afterwards, and I'm not sure whether this is just an effect of the sensydone, or whether something bad is happening to my teeth because of the combination. They don't hurt or anything after/during brushing, but since using sensodyne I've actually noticed my teeth have become more sensitive.. Not sure why that is either

Sorry for sounding completely stupid, I'm just worried that I might ruin my teeth. I would ask a dentist, but it is so bloody hard to get an appointment with one of them in London. (It took 2 years for me to get an orthodontist after being referred to one... but that's another story.)

I'm just wondering if anybody could maybe tell if this is bad, for the moment I've stopped using the pearl drops but would like to continue as my teeth stain easily due to tea and other drinks.

Thank You (and sorry for the ridiculous length of this post and the lack of sex/penis/period/vaginal/boobies/hormones and whatever else that is expected in H&R)

ReputationRep:
    Whiter teeth will get you more sex, but your dental cleanliness borders on obsessive.

Doesn't it say on the box how often to use them?

ReputationRep:
    just try without a few weeks..use only your toothpaste, see if you see any difference? if you do then change the toothpaste back to the original one you started off with. yo could try asking maybe a chemist? i dont know if they could help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    Whiter teeth will get you more sex, but your dental cleanliness borders on obsessive.

Doesn't it say on the box how often to use them?
    I don't really think it is that obsessive. It's not as if I brush them 4 times a day and floss (I don't floss, my teeth are too close together)

And as for getting more sex, I need more than just white teeth. :rolleyes: And I'm not legal yet :ninja:

The boxes don't say anything about not using with other products and looking at the ingredients they are pretty similar for both the paste and polish.

(Original post by i_<3_you)
    just try without a few weeks..use only your toothpaste, see if you see any difference? if you do then change the toothpaste back to the original one you started off with. yo could try asking maybe a chemist? i don't know if they could help?
    Yeah, I'm going to try the sensodyne without the pearl drops and see if it's just that and see how I get along with it. It tastes disgusting anyway, I wouldn't mind ditching it, but It strengthens enamel (apparently) and it was on offer, so I was hoicked in by it..

Thanks for the replies

ReputationRep:
    I've used both aquafresh and sensodyne too, and sensodyne tastes like those foam banana sweets, to me...

It's probably the something different in the sensodyne toothpaste that is causing it- at least, my mouth feels sort of dry when I use sensodyne too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneyballs2)
    And as for getting more sex, I need more than just white teeth. :rolleyes: And I'm not legal yet :ninja:
    the only way you could ever be illegal was to be over 16 and sleep with someone younger than 16 there is no other way!

if you are under 16 and sleep with someone also under 16 perfectly legal!
    if you are under 16 and sleep with someone over 16 then they are being illegal not you!

in regards to toothpaste, yeah your oral health is a little obsessive try cutting down on some see if it improves, if not to the dentist!

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think it is that obsessive.
    I do. Really.
    Toothpaste, toothpolish and mouthwash twice a day isn't normal.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I use Sensodyne Pro-namel tooth paste, Pearl Drops tooth polish & Plax Whitening mouthwash. Twice a day.

I used to use the pearl drops with a normal toothpaste (aquafresh) and the mouthwash and everything was fine, but since I've started using the pearl drops with the sensodyne I've noticed my teeth end up feeling really dry afterwards, and I'm not sure whether this is just an effect of the sensydone, or whether something bad is happening to my teeth because of the combination. They don't hurt or anything after/during brushing, but since using sensodyne I've actually noticed my teeth have become more sensitive.. Not sure why that is either

Sorry for sounding completely stupid, I'm just worried that I might ruin my teeth. I would ask a dentist, but it is so bloody hard to get an appointment with one of them in London. (It took 2 years for me to get an orthodontist after being referred to one... but that's another story.)

I'm just wondering if anybody could maybe tell if this is bad, for the moment I've stopped using the pearl drops but would like to continue as my teeth stain easily due to tea and other drinks.

Thank You (and sorry for the ridiculous length of this post and the lack of sex/penis/period/vaginal/boobies/hormones and whatever else that is expected in H&R)
    I demand boobies!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.