Will Brits be allowed to live and work in USA with trade deal? Watch

Ambitious1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Boris is planning on a trade deal with the US after Brexit. If this happens could we see real visa free travel to the US with freedom to live work or retire in US without need of work permits etc, the same as we had with the EU. Also we’d have to allow Americans those privileges too to settle in the UK.
Last edited by Ambitious1999; 4 weeks ago
tomlam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This is pure speculation.

I feel like all this whole process has been is lots of people speculating what will happen with no basis for their speculations apart from their own ideology or opinions. Of course this could happen. It won't though.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
Boris is planning on a trade deal with the US after Brexit. If this happens could we see real visa free travel to the US with freedom to live work or retire in US without need of work permits etc, the same as we had with the EU. Also we’d have to allow Americans those privileges too to settle in the UK.
Lol! Not a chance!
Pencil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nah. The EU is trying to be a country, with its own parliament, national anthem, president, currency and laws. Having the ability to live and work in each others' countries is just an extension of that.

The British people have never quite been on board with that, with the fact it's all happened sneakily and quietly, over many decades being a factor in our decision to leave the EU.

I would think the US is quite content being a wholly independent country, especially under Trump. I can't imagine Brits ever being allowed to live and work in the US or vice versa under any trade deal.

it might happen in the future if the CANZUK idea gains popularity.
Last edited by Pencil; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (17)
24.29%
My career doesn't need one (7)
10%
I'm sick of studying (14)
20%
I can't find a course I want to do (2)
2.86%
I don't know enough about them (8)
11.43%