The Student Room Group

Stuck..

I’ve been removed from uni for failure to sort out finance... I hated the course that I was doing...My attendance was absolutely ****, missing exams, reports etc....i really want to go uni. What can i do?
How about take a year or a term off and apply somewhere else with financial assistance. Most unis are open for admission now! Good luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
How about take a year or a term off and apply somewhere else with financial assistance. Most unis are open for admission now! Good luck!!

Thanks, but the thing is i really want to remain in the same uni
Idk what to do, i feel like crying
Same uni, different course?
Is there a counsellor in your uni. How about you talk to them?
Right, there's a lot to unpick here.

What stopped you sorting out finance? Are you eligible for Student Finance support?

What about your course didn't you like? If/when you return to university, make sure you are certain about your course choice this time. Try doing work experience to work out what you really want to do/enjoy doing.

Why was your attendance so bad? Is it something that may still affect you if you start university again?
Reply 5
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Right, there's a lot to unpick here.

What stopped you sorting out finance? Are you eligible for Student Finance support?

What about your course didn't you like? If/when you return to university, make sure you are certain about your course choice this time. Try doing work experience to work out what you really want to do/enjoy doing.

Why was your attendance so bad? Is it something that may still affect you if you start university again?

I’m eligible.. I’m sure I would have been accepted with the last batch of evidence i brought. I disliked all the modules except for one, which is relevant to the course I want to do. I am certain about my choice. My attendance is that bad due to lack of enjoyment of the course and it definitely won’t be a factor should I start again.
If you want to restart university in September 2020, ask your university whether you can be suspend your studies and change course. You may or may not have to make a new UCAS application depending on what they say. Make sure that you apply for Student Finance is a timely way so any evidence can be processed as quickly as possible (and therefore any problems that arise can also be dealt with in time for September).

Quick Reply

Latest