Turn on thread page Beta

Results day, you dreading it or are you excited?? watch

• View Poll Results: What's your feelings towards the exam results??
    Excited
    15.84%
    Absolutley dreading them
    33.89%
    Mixed
    43.46%
    Not bothered
    6.81%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Fool'sGold*)
    I need AAB, and I want to go to Durham. :woo:
    Oh right well good luck! We are all in the same boat at the moment so your not alone . What do you want to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam Rawlings)
    Oh right well good luck! We are all in the same boat at the moment so your not alone . What do you want to study?
    And you! Are you waiting for A2 results or AS? If AS, do you know what you want to do at uni etc? If A2, where and what??

Modern Languages :yep:

ReputationRep:
    And you! Are you waiting for A2 results or AS? If AS, do you know what you want to do at uni etc? If A2, where and what??

Modern Languages :yep:
    I'm awaiting my dreaded AS results (i no they are incomparable to waiting for A2 results but im still full of anxiety). I want to study psychology and am looking at: St.Andrews, Durham, UCL, birmingham, exeter and surrey. I don't mean to be nosey but what grades did you get in AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Words can not describe how scared I am. My offers might seem to low to some people, but they seem ****ing impossible to me at the mo. I doubt I got them.
    Just chain yourself to the main entrance.

ReputationRep:
    I'm awaiting my dreaded AS results (i no they are incomparable to waiting for A2 results but im still full of anxiety). I want to study psychology and am looking at: St.Andrews, Durham, UCL, birmingham, exeter and surrey. I don't mean to be nosey but what grades did you get in AS?
    Oooh psychology I did that at AS and A2.

Durham is awesome and Exeter was lovely too, I applied to Exeter but they specified an A in French which not even Durham specified. :no:

At AS I got AAABC in French, German, Psychology, English Literature and Critical Thinking respectively.

Not fussed. Nothing you can do about it now.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh psychology I did that at AS and A2.

Durham is awesome and Exeter was lovely too, I applied to Exeter but they specified an A in French which not even Durham specified. :no:

At AS I got AAABC in French, German, Psychology, English Literature and Critical Thinking respectively.
    So at least you got a good set of AS's
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm also feel indifferent about results day...

ReputationRep:
    Nervous as ever, I can't decide whether I've done as well as I could have or not as well as I wanted...
    Just trying to forget as I can't change them now and I can always resit.
    I'm just hoping they will be good enough so my teachers will give me the predicted grades I want, really, really hoping...

ReputationRep:
    on results day im bringing some Pimms

ReputationRep:
    So at least you got a good set of AS's
    Yeah lol, I actually needed 30/105 in my last Psychology exam to get an A overall supposedly...didn't stop me being really scared and stressed though, cos I'm such a perfectionist!

French and German though are fairly unknown though cos of the speaking tests etc arrghh.

ReputationRep:
    I don't give a ****. If I fail I will redo them ;P

ReputationRep:
    Scared and excited. If someone moved it forward to tomorrow I really wouldn't complain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pepe Le Poosh)
    Scared and excited. If someone moved it forward to tomorrow I really wouldn't complain.
    :rofl: apparently it was meant to be a lot earlier than August the 14th :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguin133)
    I'm dreading not getting the grades... but then I think about the amount of work I did for the exams and that helps alleviate the dread Still ******* scared though
    If you did the work, chances are you'll get the grades Only you know how much work you did, but from what you've said, you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Very excited, apart from biology:

Hopefully AAAC (maths, chemistry, physics, biology)

I'm worried the latter blip will have a crashing affect though.

ReputationRep:
    soooo scaaared

my little brother and sister are both clever little ¬_¬ so I need to get decent enough to raise the stakes but if I do rubbish then their excuse for failing in life will be well we didn't fail as bad as that one there! (¬_¬)

>.<

P.S.: I'm not actually that scared, I have mixed feelings on the subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    No, it's telling you to stop spreading misinformation, like you were doing in the medicine forum earlier.
    Oh dear.....was he? And he calls me a "no (sic) it all" :p: I'd leave him alone. He's had a tough day. :yep:

Jeez your as bas as River85. I was only trying to help. Sorry for not being perfect!
    Hello (I heard my name being called)

This is a forum and it's here for students (of all ages) to share knowledge and support. Unfortunately not all of it is going to be great knowledge and we are all faillible. Not all of my posts have been good, far from it,

I really have no problems with the basics of what you said in the other thread, to be cautious about applying to the top universities with poor GCSE grades. It's just it seemed that either you were just taking the myth, that Durham are strict with GCSEs as Gospel or where assuming all departments were like that just because one or two are. It seems it was the latter (or both). It's this misinformation that can have serious consequences.

This could be seen as just a one off but then you're up to it here and also on the med forum....your contributions are valued and I didn't mean to come off as being too harsh (I thought my PM was rather polite). Just please, please be a little more careful in what you say.

It was, "the other one" who was being the real.....nah, I shouldn't say it!

Anyway, back on topic. All of those waiting for their AS or A-level results enjoy this time.

I never felt anxious or nervous in the summer (I was still rather indifferent to, well, everything in life at that point). I felt I really missed out.

Hope you all get the grades (providing you deserve them, of course)

ReputationRep:
    i worked hard for them... but god knows what imma get.

soo scared

ReputationRep:
    I know i screwed up on two of my papers and therefore obviously didn't do too well. I'm not really bothered by the results though, supplying i can re-sit. :confused:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.