Turn on thread page Beta

Results day, you dreading it or are you excited?? watch

• View Poll Results: What's your feelings towards the exam results??
    Excited
    15.84%
    Absolutley dreading them
    33.89%
    Mixed
    43.46%
    Not bothered
    6.81%

ReputationRep:
    I dreamed last night that I'd missed my firm offer and I was gutted, on UCAS it said "unsuccessful" or whatever, and after pressing some sort of button, I got a message and it told me I could still go if I changed colleges....so I was really happy, but then I found out it was a college I really didn't want to go to because it's supposed to be full of rahs and so I was half happy I could still go to my firm but half gutted cos I had to change college. :p: weeeird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Fool'sGold*)
    I dreamed last night that I'd missed my firm offer and I was gutted, on UCAS it said "unsuccessful" or whatever, and after pressing some sort of button, I got a message and it told me I could still go if I changed colleges....so I was really happy, but then I found out it was a college I really didn't want to go to because it's supposed to be full of rahs and so I was half happy I could still go to my firm but half gutted cos I had to change college. :p: weeeird.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hatfield?:p:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooner)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hatfield?:p:

:p:
    You read my mind Gooner :eek: It actually was hahaha. I have NO idea where it came from!

ReputationRep:
    You read my mind Gooner :eek: It actually was hahaha. I have NO idea where it came from!
    I'll probably have the same nightmare tonight then; I'd HATE to go to Hatfield. The incessant murmur of "daddy, could you send me an advance of my allowance please? rahhh" every minute of every day would do my head in:p:

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably have the same nightmare tonight then; I'd HATE to go to Hatfield. The incessant murmur of "daddy, could you send me an advance of my allowance please? rahhh" every minute of every day would do my head in:p:
    Ditto.

Funny thing is, I actually nearly applied there. I thought it just looked like a nice place and it was near to the language department. Then I came on here and read all the stuff about rahs (I was naive )....

ReputationRep:
    Ditto.

Funny thing is, I actually nearly applied there. I thought it just looked like a nice place and it was near to the language department. Then I came on here and read all the stuff about rahs (I was naive )....
    Exactly; it would have been so much easier to apply there for the sole purpose of the distance from the language department. That would have made life so much easier. Sadly the majority who apply there are arses, apparently:p:

ReputationRep:
    Exactly; it would have been so much easier to apply there for the sole purpose of the distance from the language department. That would have made life so much easier. Sadly the majority who apply there are arses, apparently:p:

Yeah, I remember I was at an open day talking to someone who'd applied to Hatfield, and she told me she was really worried about the snobby people because she'd only found out about the reputation afterwards! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Dreading it, particularly because I know I won't get the results. I'm already planning what to do in my gap year - e.g. possible resits, work experience etc. But I'd love to find out just for some peace, finally.

ReputationRep:
    I've had so many bad dreams about me recieving D's, E's and U's
    I just want to get it over and done with, so i can stop dreaming about going to top unis which may be out of my league.

ReputationRep:
    i just want to know now!

ReputationRep:
    Argh, ok so I'm still a little bit excited, but now I feel sick and nervous. I don't think I'll sleep =[ Comfort food and alcohol will get me through this night I think!!!

BRING ON THE COOKIES!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling okay now. I was really stressing back in July lol but whilst I am not excited, I am not dreading it either. What will be will be and all that.

ReputationRep:
    A mix of 'arghh come on hurry up 9am, I just want my results!", and "ahhhh ****** im not gonna get what i want "

ReputationRep:
    I've been fine all day today up until the last hour or so.
    I think I've just realised that it isn't that far off now.

ReputationRep:
    Im not bothered because I already have a back up plan.

Now I'm really worried about tomorrow because I want a ca from the RSPCA and I'm hoping when they come round tomorrow to look at the property they will pass it and the cat will come home on the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Just logged on to Track then to check my password etc:

UCAS Track: August 2008
    We are updating Track at the moment. Please check back later. Thanks for your patience.
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Probably more excited.

ReputationRep:
    Im excited but at the same time scared.

ReputationRep:
    I am soooo nervous but I just want to know even if it is for better or worse

ReputationRep:
    Bit of both, because if ive done bad im screwed for ever.
    If ive done good which I think I have, or not good but scraped uni which in my eyes is good its going to be amazing to know I go uni soon.
    So mixed.

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.