Turn on thread page Beta

Results day, you dreading it or are you excited?? watch

• View Poll Results: What's your feelings towards the exam results??
    Excited
    15.84%
    Absolutley dreading them
    33.89%
    Mixed
    43.46%
    Not bothered
    6.81%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by splorgie)
    What did you get in your dream? :hugs:
    DEEE which is sort of close to what i think i got . On a couple of units i got 2/90 UMS and i am so screwed. This is not my year at all arghh man i have sooo failed. Im sorry everyone for my pessimistic attitudem but it's jus the way i feel. I can see my papers now sitting in a room with C's, D's & E's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02mik_e)
    DEEE which is sort of close to what i think i got . On a couple of units i got 2/90 UMS and i am so screwed. This is not my year at all arghh man i have sooo failed. Im sorry everyone for my pessimistic attitudem but it's jus the way i feel. I can see my grades now sitting in a room with C's, D's & E's
    You could always re-do A levels couldn't you. At least then you would realise how much work they actually consist of. Therefore, you will be more prepared, committed and determined next time round.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god! Results day is exactly 4 weeks away!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam Rawlings)
    You could always re-do A levels couldn't you. At least then you would realise how much work they actually consist of. Therefore, you will be more prepared, committed and determined next time round.
    But that's the thing. I was prepared, committed and determined. I worked so hard this year, which was acknowledged by my History + Law teacher today. I just want my results

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, i'm expected AAAAB but i want AAABB (realistically) but i feel one of the geo and english papers were horrible so i reckon i've gone from an A in geo down to a B and from a B in english to a C.
    Another piece of advice: if that is the case, try not to beat yourself up over it either, because whether you get AAAAB or AABBC, they're still both excellent *results

ReputationRep:
    But that's the thing. I was prepared, committed and determined. I worked so hard this year, which was acknowledged by my History + Law teacher today. I just want my results
    Hmm...maybe A-levels aren't just for you then. Some people aren't suited for them and subconsciously don't adapt well to the syllabi. Have you thought of doing a diploma instead or the IB? - both equally very valuable qualifications in their own right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    Another piece of advice: if that is the case, try not to beat yourself up over it either, because whether you get AAAAB or AABBC, they're still both excellent *results
    Yes they are amazing results but AABBC would not be good enough for my parents and the universities i want to go to. Who knows, maybe i have done better than what i think (i had this problem with GCSE's and underachieved in certain subjects but excelled in some which i weren't expecting to excel in).

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...maybe A-levels aren't just for you then. Some people aren't suited for them and subconsciously don't adapt well to the syllabi. Have you thought of doing a diploma instead or the IB? - both equally very valuable qualifications in their own right.
    No i haven't actually looked into that one. But in all honesty I wouldn't want to be still in college at the age of 19

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are amazing results but AABBC would not be good enough for my parents and the universities i want to go to. Who knows, maybe i have done better than what i think (i had this problem with GCSE's and underachieved in certain subjects but excelled in some which i weren't expecting to excel in).
    Yeah my dad is exactly like this. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, i'm not nervous. I know i've already got an A in Maths, and my others will vary from AAB - BCC (for AAB offer). But at the end of the day, if i miss my offer, i get another stab at top unis which i didn't go for or got rejected by and i get to go to uni a little less poor. I'd still have friends round here, so i'm not overly fussed if i screwed up.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are amazing results but AABBC would not be good enough for my parents
    OH DEAR. Forget what your parents think about your grades. That's not a problem. It really matters about as much as me typing this. Honestly.

AABBC is amazing to get from 5 A levels and i'm sure your parents would be proud. Stop worrying, it's done. Go out and enjoy your summer. For your sake.

ReputationRep:
    No i haven't actually looked into that one. But in all honesty I wouldn't want to be still in college at the age of 19
    Why not? The thing what surprised me when i first started college was the large percentage of people who were doing A-levels aged 18+ (one person doing AS's is even 28!) So perhaps in the long run, it will be highly beneficial for you and trust me, you wouldn't be the only one in the whole UK who are doing A-levels post 18. Are you an AS or A2 student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ObaMartins9)
    OH DEAR. Forget what your parents think about your grades. That's not a problem. It really matters about as much as me typing this. Honestly.

AABBC is amazing to get from 5 A levels and i'm sure your parents would be proud. Stop worrying, it's done. Go out and enjoy your summer. For your sake.
    Thanks for the advice. But how can i go out and enjoy myself knowing i've (potentially) screwed up big style?!

ReputationRep:
    Why not? The thing what surprised me when i first started college was the large percentage of people who were doing A-levels aged 18+ (one person doing AS's is even 28!) So perhaps in the long run, it will be highly beneficial for you and trust me, you wouldn't be the only one in the whole UK who are doing A-levels post 18. Are you an AS or A2 student?
    I am an AS student, mind just went blank for the exams. I think i will decide what to do after the results... it's going to be very tough this year

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice. But how can i go out and enjoy myself knowing i've (potentially) screwed up big style?!
    Seriously just get out and enjoy yourself with friends. Time passes soo much more quicker that way. I should take some of my own advice here Dw mate you seem like a person who has bags of potential and aplitude, i am sure you ve done well :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I am an AS student, mind just went blank for the exams. I think i will decide what to do after the results... it's going to be very tough this year
    I'm in the same boat don't worry. We both may have some big decisions to make this time next month.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously just get out and enjoy yourself with friends. Time passes soo much more quicker that way. I should take some of my own advice here Dw mate you seem like a person who has bags of potential and aplitude, i am sure you ve done well :yep:
    Thanks again. I guess at the end of the day i can't do anything about it now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm excited about it. Even if I've done terrible at least I'll be able to decide what I'm doing next and move on. I hate being in this exams/results limbo.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat don't worry. We both may have some big decisions to make this time next month.
    what subs you take by the way?

ReputationRep:
    Because sitting at home being miserable doesn't make you screw up any less.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.