Turn on thread page Beta

Results day, you dreading it or are you excited?? watch

• View Poll Results: What's your feelings towards the exam results??
    Excited
    15.84%
    Absolutley dreading them
    33.89%
    Mixed
    43.46%
    Not bothered
    6.81%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02mik_e)
    what subs you take by the way?
    I took psychology, sociology, geography, english language & literature and general studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam Rawlings)
    I took psychology, sociology, geography, english language & literature and general studies.
    As you're only waiting for AS grades, the slight difference in grades won't be the end of the world. You can retake your worse modules and as long as your PREDICTION on your UCAS form is AAAA or whatever, THAT's what'll get you your offers. You still have time to make it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ObaMartins9)
    As you're only waiting for AS grades, the slight difference in grades won't be the end of the world. You can retake your worse modules and as long as your PREDICTION on your UCAS form is AAAA or whatever, THAT's what'll get you your offers. You still have time to make it up.
    Yeah i no i can re-sit modules etc. but all our teachers told us that we NEED to get it right first time round - top universities aren't appaerently interested in taking on students who only got AAA but re-sitting numerous modules (according to our teachers).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i no i can re-sit modules etc. but all our teachers told us that we NEED to get it right first time round - top universities aren't appaerently interested in taking on students who only got AAA but re-sitting numerous modules (according to our teachers).
    LOL it is ture to a certain extent, but they are always going to tell you that in order to motivate you

ReputationRep:
    hmmm... Well they don't know your resitting, so i don't know what they're on about. No-where on your UCAS form does it show retakes. They only know your prediction, what you put on the form (you don't HAVE to declare AS grades although you can) and your PS. I have a friend who got CCDEU last year and got 5 offers for Maths including Exeter, Birmingham and Aston. It's not the end of the world, and worrying won't make it better. Wait till your results, see what they are, and then decide if you need to retake, where you can realistically apply to, and what you want to drop.

ReputationRep:
    My attitude towards results day is kinda blase.. I'm confident I'll get what I want, and even if I weren't, dreading it would suck the life out of my holidays so......MEH :tumble:.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm... Well they don't know your resitting.
    they don't :eek:
    we were told over-and-over that we could only sit one module of one subject because the unis DO know

ReputationRep:
    hmmm... Well they don't know your resitting, so i don't know what they're on about. No-where on your UCAS form does it show retakes. They only know your prediction, what you put on the form (you don't HAVE to declare AS grades although you can) and your PS. I have a friend who got CCDEU last year and got 5 offers for Maths including Exeter, Birmingham and Aston. It's not the end of the world, and worrying won't make it better. Wait till your results, see what they are, and then decide if you need to retake, where you can realistically apply to, and what you want to drop.
    Oh really? I thought maths was a very competitive subject. Nice going for him (or her)...

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea when results day is for my college (no one tells us anything!) so I'm not really dreading it. I think I'd dread it more if I had a clue when it was :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    we were told over-and-over that we could only sit one module of one subject because the unis DO know
    yeah i thought universities know when you resit modules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    I have no idea when results day is for my college (no one tells us anything!) so I'm not really dreading it. I think I'd dread it more if I had a clue when it was :p:
    14th August is results day!!!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    If I can get the offers I did - My highest was BBB from Lancaster, and only Sheffield rejected me - with my AS grades then I'm certain that AAABC will not put many off of you Sam!

For the record, I got DDEU for my ASs, I've since resat two of the German papers and dropped two subjects, so in terms of AS I'm at CD? because I did General Studies all this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    Well it doesn't go on the form. So how WOULD they know before you retake. You can even apply before the retake deadlines..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    If I can get the offers I did - My highest was BBB from Lancaster, and only Sheffield rejected me - with my AS grades then I'm certain that AAABC will not put many off of you Sam!

For the record, I got DDEU for my ASs, I've since resat two of the German papers and dropped two subjects, so in terms of AS I'm at CD? because I did General Studies all this year.
    Well good luck with your university and hope you get what you need. Thanks for the reassurance too, it is making me feel better. It's just i've been brought up to consistently fulfil my full potential so i know it sounds dumb but im more worried about my results for the sake of my parents rather than for the sake of myself.

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? I thought maths was a very competitive subject. Nice going for him (or her)...
    and yes, it is. My Point is that even if you screw up AS's there's still hope. And a lot of it. 8 retakes in Jan sorted him out. We hope.

ReputationRep:
    14th August is results day!!!:woo:
    Ah, that sounds about right. Most of the people I asked from my college said 'sometime between the 12th and 15th, I dunno'. Thanks :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Ah, that sounds about right. Most of the people I asked from my college said 'sometime between the 12th and 15th, I dunno'. Thanks :^_^:
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    Well good luck with your university and hope you get what you need. Thanks for the reassurance too, it is making me feel better. It's just i've been brought up to consistently fulfil my full potential so i know it sounds dumb but im more worried about my results for the sake of my parents rather than for the sake of myself.
    Meh, who cares. If i actually tried in my exams I might have had 10 A*s at GCSE and all As at AS and A2, but there are far more important things in life. You're 17, you should be enjoying yourself and not worrying about exams (too much)!

ReputationRep:
    Meh, who cares. If i actually tried in my exams I might have had 10 A*s at GCSE and all As at AS and A2, but there are far more important things in life. You're 17, you should be enjoying yourself and not worrying about exams (too much)!
    Hehe i'm glad some of us have that perspective on life.

ReputationRep:
    I'm dreading not getting the grades... but then I think about the amount of work I did for the exams and that helps alleviate the dread Still ******* scared though

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.