New Years resolutions.

Watch
vestigalrex510
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
How can I think of New Years resolutions?
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
What do you want to achieve?

Most common ones are things like losing weight, getting fit, stopping drinking or smoking.
lilTrain
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
identify something you've been needing improvement on (like fitness, grades, friendship etc.) basically if u could have anything (that isnt bought with money, or physically impossible) what would it be?
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I never make any, as I very rarely stick to them, I guess that would go for a few people.
ThuggerThugger
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I half assed stuck to my resolutions from last year, I said Id join a fitness club, which I have done but turnup like twice a month. My new years resolutions/goals this year are as followed:

Quit eating so much junk food
Go some weeks without alcohol
Turnup at my fitness club more
Exercise more (ties in with the above)
Complete videogames I’ve bought but not really played
Save money (I want a new car in 2021)
Complete side projects
Work on improving job prospects

Last year my goal was to pass my driving test, which I did 3rd time round.

I see nothing wrong with making resolutions it really does no harm. People say they are pointless because they get broken but surely thats down to the individual... if you have 10 resolutions and stick to even just 1 or 2 then its been worth it.
Last edited by ThuggerThugger; 9 months ago
princetonalec
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
by removing the idea that they need to be done in the new years!
the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is today, the worst time is to wait until next week when youre fully capable now
identify what you want to change and make small, gradual steps towards it. i didnt decide two years ago on new years to suddenly eat healthier, i decided gradually over the course of weeks to broaden what i knew to cook, and then introduced healthuer ingredients with the knowledge i had built up
january shouldnt be when you pull your sleeves up, a wednesday in the middle of may can be just as life changing
best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (84)
14.51%
I'm not sure (26)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (181)
31.26%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.07%
I'm not a current university student (276)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise