nellbean
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
just wanted to ask is it normal to struggle in the first term of A-levels , I found the jump form GCSE's to A-levels massive and everyone else in my school seems to be doing fine . I got fairly good GCSE's grades but my A-levels aren't the same should I be putting more work in or re-thinking my choices I have Mocs coming up and I'm so scared that I am going to flop my subjects and not understand anything
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes it's normal to struggle near the beginning because your environment and the content you learn is difficult so you need to adapt to your new institution especially sixth form and need to be more independent. If you like the subjects, you just need to put more work into understanding it and your exam techniques. Good luck tho
nellbean
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Yes it's normal to struggle near the beginning because your environment and the content you learn is difficult so you need to adapt to your new institution especially sixth form and need to be more independent. If you like the subjects, you just need to put more work into understanding it and your exam techniques. Good luck tho
thanks its definitely hard to get a good work balance
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Definitely normal! To be perfectly honest, I'm in year 13 and I'm only just getting the hang of some parts of sixth form. Put the work in and you'll get through, eve if it's hard.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (12)
12.9%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (21)
22.58%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (41)
44.09%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (16)
17.2%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
3.23%

Watched Threads