Revision timetable vs to do list?

Watch
Cay12235
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
What are the advantages and disadvantages of both please?
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Well with an actual timetable you see how practical it is to get all the stuff done in x timeframe.
I have a todo list before going back to university for semester 2 and think I have tons of time but then writing down what I will do each day, it’s suddenly something every day and no clear days (though I won’t be re reading notes 9-5 every day, more like a few hours).
Cay12235
Rep:
?
(Original post by Catherine1973)
Well with an actual timetable you see how practical it is to get all the stuff done in x timeframe.
I have a todo list before going back to university for semester 2 and think I have tons of time but then writing down what I will do each day, it’s suddenly something every day and no clear days (though I won’t be re reading notes 9-5 every day, more like a few hours).
Which do u think is better and what do u suggest i use tomorrow as got 8 pieces of coursework. 6 pieces of revision and 8 jobs todo
username4950464
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
personally find to-do lists better. they give you more freedom to go & do stuff when you want to rather than being confined by a revision timetable. for me, it’s more practical but it depends on whether you plan visits & things ahead or just decide to do an activity or something on the day because the latter would mess up having a revision timetable.
username4950464
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
idk whether anything i just said made sense or not, sorry 😂
Cay12235
Rep:
?
(Original post by ellaswords)
idk whether anything i just said made sense or not, sorry 😂
Message me please and i Like the idea of a to do list do u have a template I could use please.
Catherine1973
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Cay12235)
Which do u think is better and what do u suggest i use tomorrow as got 8 pieces of coursework. 6 pieces of revision and 8 jobs todo
If just tomorrow then a todo list will be fine. But estimate how long it will take for each one, see if total is over actual time you have (inc breaks) then rework to make fit the available time.
Cay12235
Rep:
?
If just tomorrow then a todo list will be fine. But estimate how long it will take for each one, see if total is over actual time you have (inc breaks) then rework to make fit the available time.
Can u help me decide whwr time to get up have lunch snd finish work tomorow as i have I've got 9 pieces of coursework, 6 pieces of English revision and 7 jobs todo tomorrow
Catherine1973
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I’d get up at 8.30 watch Lorraine and then start working 9.25 when Lorraine ends.
Lunch when loose women is on (is it on over Xmas?) then tea during neighbours.
I think that’s a proper student timetable!
Cay12235
Rep:
?
I’d get up at 8.30 watch Lorraine and then start working 9.25 when Lorraine ends.
Lunch when loose women is on (is it on over Xmas?) then tea during neighbours.
I think that’s a proper student timetable!
When should i start work without watching Loraine and when should i have lunch snd dinner without watching loose women and neighbour's
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I find timetables unhelpful and stressful because I often can't predict how long revising/studying a particular topic might take. With to do lists, I still know what exactly I have to get through but there is less pressure if I don't manage to do something on a particular day, and I am more likely to keep studying if I'm in the right frame of mind (which I wouldn't do if I had a strict timetable).
togs11
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
What are the advantages and disadvantages of both please?
I personally find the TSR timetable great as its a basic template for however much you want to study in the time that you have available. Also really easily changed if you have a change of plans or new commitments etc

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/rev...ually-stick-to

(Not a sponsor by TSR btw )
Cay12235
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
I find timetables unhelpful and stressful because I often can't predict how long revising/studying a particular topic might take. With to do lists, I still know what exactly I have to get through but there is less pressure if I don't manage to do something on a particular day, and I am more likely to keep studying if I'm in the right frame of mind (which I wouldn't do if I had a strict timetable).
Do u have a todo list you could share Please.
Cay12235
Rep:
?
(Original post by togs11)
I personally find the TSR timetable great as its a basic template for however much you want to study in the time that you have available. Also really easily changed if you have a change of plans or new commitments etc

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/rev...ually-stick-to

(Not a sponsor by TSR btw )
I hated using it last time as i made the timetable and when i went back on it, it was all deleted for some reason. Why might rhst kf been.
togs11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I hated using it last time as i made the timetable and when i went back on it, it was all deleted for some reason. Why might rhst kf been.
I have no idea :/ Probably some sort of issue with the website

There are apps on both android/iOS that can be of assistance.

I guess that using a to do list is easier as it's a rough plan that you can write down on a whiteboard or so on the night prior to give rough idea of what you wanna achieve

I think timetables are better though because it's already planned out so if you are just procrastinating , you already have a plan of what you need to do. And you don't have to follow it entirely ; it can be more of a start to progress
Cay12235
Rep:
?
I have no idea :/ Probably some sort of issue with the website

There are apps on both android/iOS that can be of assistance.

I guess that using a to do list is easier as it's a rough plan that you can write down on a whiteboard or so on the night prior to give rough idea of what you wanna achieve

I think timetables are better though because it's already planned out so if you are just procrastinating , you already have a plan of what you need to do. And you don't have to follow it entirely ; it can be more of a start to progress
Ok u got any timetable templates
togs11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Ok u got any timetable templates
Got this from quick Google search
https://www.sampletemplates.com/busi...-template.html
Cay12235
Rep:
?
Got this from quick Google search
https://www.sampletemplates.com/busi...-template.html
Thanks mate
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Do u have a todo list you could share Please.
I haven't had to do any recently. But it's usually just a list of topics I need to revise.
Cay12235
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
I haven't had to do any recently. But it's usually just a list of topics I need to revise.
Do u have the template u use or do u do it electronically or using an app
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads