The Student Room Group

Will a degree in history from a top Russell Group help me get into senior status llb?

i am applying to study history at russell group universities this year but i want to pursue a career in law after i graduate. will a history degree allow me to successfully apply for senior status law, particularly at oxford or cambridge?

my choice of uni is bristol/ucl/kings.

thank you.
Original post by 168729
i am applying to study history at russell group universities this year but i want to pursue a career in law after i graduate. will a history degree allow me to successfully apply for senior status law, particularly at oxford or cambridge?

my choice of uni is bristol/ucl/kings.

thank you.

If the degree and the rest of your app are good enough.
Do you have the money to pay for it?
Also you do realise you will be able to go straight to the sqe?
For senior status law oxford wanted a first I think. Don’t think Cambridge did one but I mostly focussed on London ones who did senior status. None of which wanted me for interview or to do tests. Evidence of my degree was enough (as I had it already fibisged)
Oh and most students will be from overseas - 50% of my year are Canadian! Maybe 10-20% from uk.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
If the degree and the rest of your app are good enough.
Do you have the money to pay for it?
Also you do realise you will be able to go straight to the sqe?

i will hopefully be able to pay for it (will definitely apply for a scholarship as well). my plan is that if i decide to become a barrister i will apply for the senior status and if i change my mind and want to be a solicitor, i will apply for training contracts in the second and third year of my degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending