Turn on thread page Beta

Eurgh... Need to go jeans shopping... watch

ReputationRep:
    Which I hate, because there is never anything in my size and the things that are in my size are either hideous or come up really small. My problem is my thighs, they're absolutly massive, but everything else is relatively small. Anything that does fit gapes around my waist, even some of the jeans that are really too small gape around my waist. Argh.

So, does anyone have any good, cheaper shops for jeans for someone who's a size 16 ()? I like New Look, but find them very hit and miss and there's nothing in there at the moment that I like. Bay, TopShop, H+M, Gap, any other trendy 'fashion house' style shops don't fit me, and they're too expensive anyway. I was in Primark earlier today and all their jeans were skinny fit - Which I hate, and can't wear anyway because my thighs are frickin' massive.

It's so disappointing picking what you think is the right size up and then not being able to get it anywhere near on... Or picking one up that's absolutly massive (happened today with some work trousers, tried a size 16 on and they fell straight off again. Even the 14s were a bit big). I hate trouser shopping!

ReputationRep:
    Try levis??
    I've found them to be great for trouser shopping

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel! Except with me my thighs are too small for my bottom..
    I'd recommend River Island but that can be a bit expensive as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ukazi-TazZy)
    Try levis??
    I've found them to be great for trouser shopping
    Is that were you got your skinny jeans?:p:

ReputationRep:
    I find that the Hula Jeans in New Look are a nice fit but as you've said you find them quite hit and miss!
    Their only £10 too...bargain :p:

ReputationRep:
    Tesco jeans are good, I don't get on with any other jeans..

ReputationRep:
    ASDA (George jeans) are fantastic, and they're nice and cheap I've had mine since January, wearing them almost every week, and they haven't fallen apart yet.
    I have the same problem with jeans. Takes me AGES to find a pair that fits properly

(Original post by M'Lady)
    Tesco jeans are good, I don't get on with any other jeans..
    I never knew that Tescos did jeans, I think I'll have to go there this weekend then...

ReputationRep:
    Anywhere that allows you to choose different waist:leg measurements is good. I've found levis to be fabulous...even if you're a 'strange' shape you'll find something to fit you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elvendork)
    ASDA (George jeans) are fantastic, and they're nice and cheap I've had mine since January, wearing them almost every week, and they haven't fallen apart yet.
    I have the same problem with jeans. Takes me AGES to find a pair that fits properly

I never knew that Tescos did jeans, I think I'll have to go there this weekend then...
    It's only a recent discovery of my own, I had a pair of the George at Asda G21 jeans but they were low rise making me look like I had a huge muffin top, so I never wore them. The tesco cherokee jeans I found are wonderful, they aren't low rise but don't come up to your arm pits either and they're really flattering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elvendork)
    Yey!
    An ASDA jeans fan!
    I had a pair for ages and was devastated when I finally had to throw them out. But then I went and bought another pair and it was all good :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I find Dorothy Perkins really good for jeans and I'm a similar size. They do three different lengths and a good range of different cuts, I really like their flare/super flare cuts and they're not too badly priced either.

I like levi's and lee cooper, I've got huge thighs and they seem to fit nicely. My jeans have recently started either develping holes underneath or ripping at the knee . I can see myself needing a lot of new jeans before I head back to uni.

ReputationRep:
    Will check out Tesco and ASDA, are Levis not expensive? I might have to have a look into them, though if they're going to be a really nice pair that fits great I'm sure I can extend the budget a little!

I'll have another look in NL and Dotty Perks etc. at some point... See what I can find Ta guys!

ReputationRep:
    I am exactly the same as you

I've found internationale and MKone are OK. in MKone you can get 2 for £15

Also try in next or next clearance (aka lime)

I've been looking at this

http://www.thebigdiscountstore.com/t...2/Ladies-Jeans

I go the my local designer outlet place...here

They work out really cheap, most of the shops have sales on when I go.

ReputationRep:
    Dorothy Perkins and Next were good for me when I was a 14/16!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xuffyt)
    I find Dorothy Perkins really good for jeans and I'm a similar size. They do three different lengths and a good range of different cuts, I really like their flare/super flare cuts and they're not too badly priced either.
    I agree, best jeans i've ever had from DP.

ReputationRep:
    I sympathise with you completely. I have a muffin top problem with almost all of my jeans. My best pair are actually from Primark, but chances are they'll fall to bits soon. Give Levi's a try, hopefully there'll be a sale on.

ReputationRep:
    Next. All my jeans are from there and they have a big range!

ReputationRep:
    I do quite like my Dorothy Perkins jeans

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.