The Student Room Group

Biology

Can some one help me with this question pretty please?

dicuss the composition of a skeletal muscle explaining the functions of the different components
I’ve just completed this assignment before Christmas and gained a Distinction.

My question was worded slightly differently but on the whole it’s asking for the same:

Start with explaining the features of skeletal muscle.
Skeletal muscles main functions are movement and why/how (Attach bone to muscle via tendons).
Myofibrils and sarcomeres.
Muscle contraction (Sliding filament theory).

Hope this helps.
Original post by stepheds
I’ve just completed this assignment before Christmas and gained a Distinction.

My question was worded slightly differently but on the whole it’s asking for the same:

Start with explaining the features of skeletal muscle.
Skeletal muscles main functions are movement and why/how (Attach bone to muscle via tendons).
Myofibrils and sarcomeres.
Muscle contraction (Sliding filament theory).

Hope this helps.

This is my last question aswell, and I have only 28 words to do this question 😫
I hope I get a distinction, not sure if I have answered all my questions right if I’m honest, but just not sure what to write for my last question, I thought I had to pick one of the skeletal muscles and describe it’s structure and function.
Original post by Kayleejarv24
I hope I get a distinction, not sure if I have answered all my questions right if I’m honest, but just not sure what to write for my last question, I thought I had to pick one of the skeletal muscles and describe it’s structure and function.

It’s asking about skeletal muscles in general, not one specific type. There’s three types of muscles in the body; smooth, skeletal and cardiac.

So what you need to do is search up “skeletal muscle” and just talk about these things:
What it looks like? (striated etc)
Is it multi-nucleated or singular?
Is it voluntary or involuntary?

Then you could go on to talk about the questions @stephed listed above
Original post by sammyj97
It’s asking about skeletal muscles in general, not one specific type. There’s three types of muscles in the body; smooth, skeletal and cardiac.

So what you need to do is search up “skeletal muscle” and just talk about these things:

Thank you SammyJ, I try and give it a go with 27words left it’s gonna be hard lol
Original post by sammyj97

Sorry mine was an assignment so for a distinction we had to go into detail but I had 500 words not 27.
I’d definitely stick with striated, multi nucleated and that they are voluntary movements.
I’m doing my course with distance learning Center an online course and this question is on my assessments, but stuck on what to say
27 words to explain the functions doesn’t seem enough.

You definitely be able to write the main points.

‘Skeletal muscles are striated in appearance, are multinucleated and require voluntary movement via signals from the nervous system’

But to then ‘explain’ is to essentially say WHY and link them to their functions. 27 words would never fit that part in.
Original post by stepheds
27 words to explain the functions doesn’t seem enough.

You definitely be able to write the main points.

‘Skeletal muscles are striated in appearance, are multinucleated and require voluntary movement via signals from the nervous system’

But to then ‘explain’ is to essentially say WHY and link them to their functions. 27 words would never fit that part in.

On my other questions I don’t know what to take out just in case I take out relevant parts to give me more words
As I have to link them this is the guide of the questions for the one I’m trying to do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending