The Student Room Group

2020 Relationship Advice

Right so I’ve been single for quite a while now and quite frankly I’ve had enough of it. I am 16 and feel as if I’m ready for a relationship but I don’t know where to start because I’ve never been in a proper one before. I would like to know any tips on how to approach this sort of thing as I have no clue.
I’ve always wanted a boyfriend but should I make the first move and if so how? Thanks for reading
Reply 1
Original post by MaryanneDickson
Right so I’ve been single for quite a while now and quite frankly I’ve had enough of it. I am 16 and feel as if I’m ready for a relationship but I don’t know where to start because I’ve never been in a proper one before. I would like to know any tips on how to approach this sort of thing as I have no clue.
I’ve always wanted a boyfriend but should I make the first move and if so how? Thanks for reading

well first of all i wish i was 16 again to have this problem, try being 24 and not having had a boyfriend. i also want one too but at the same time i don't.
It’s just that all my friends have boyfriends and I’m over here like am I the ugly friend or something?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by MaryanneDickson
It’s just that all my friends have boyfriends and I’m over here like am I the ugly friend or something?

doesn't matter if your friends do, it should be if you actually want a boyfriend. Trust me probably 90% of your friemds won't have boyfriends by this time next year/2years because most of the time 6th form /college relationships never last. embrace the single life and have fun and make mistakes, i regret not doing this at 16, i was scared of what people would think of me/ i wanted to fit in.

Quick Reply

Latest