The Student Room Group

Do you believe in love at first sight

Just wondering if people believe in falling in love at first sight or after hanging out with the person and getting to know them better after some time to see if the person is rightness for them also what do you believe about love in general do yku believe they are aligned with stat signs

Scroll to see replies

not literally at first sight but yes after interacting with them/hanging out with them briefly it's possible imo.
Original post by Anonymous
Just wondering if people believe in falling in love at first sight or after hanging out with the person and getting to know them better after some time to see if the person is rightness for them also what do you believe about love in general do yku believe they are aligned with stat signs

Its called lust, you can certainly look at someone and be attracted, I would not call it love (I would separate this out from scenarios such as a mother and a newborn which can be immediate, but I believe the emotional attachment is biological fundamental as opposed to just love at first sight...)
Reply 3
Thank you.also what do you believe when it comes to this topic ?
Reply 4
not literally at first sight but yes after interacting with them/hanging out with them briefly it's possible imo.

Another question would you base it off a persons star sign because some don’t date others because their star sign is not compatible with there’s curious
Another question would you base it off a persons star sign because some don’t date others because their star sign is not compatible with there’s curious

no i don't really believe in star signs and certainly would not base my opinion of them on that. but idm star signs as a fun little superstition lol
happened to me in secondary school but i was too much of a wuss to talk to her smh
I don't believe in love

Yes I believe it in a sense (because I fell for a girl at uni the first time I saw her). However in reality it is infatuation although it is difficult to tell.

I don’t believe in star signs but having said that I didn’t believe in love at first sight till I saw this girl either 🤷*♂️
Reply 9
I don't believe in love

So you don’t believe that there should a person meant for everyone so what do you think when it comes to marriage ?
Reply 10
My husband, who was a fairly confirmed bachelor with no plans to marry, told one of our (later) best friends that I was the woman he was going to marry when he saw me moving my things into the Residence. He had not spoken to me and we had never met before. That was nearly 28 years and 3 children ago!
So yes, I believe in love at first sight, at least for my husband!
Not exactly, but first contact obviously would seem to spark interest and that can influence what happens.
No. It's solely physical attraction. You know nothing about the person. They could be a serial killer for all you know.
Dont know about love but attraction and infatuation yes...
I fancied my husband of 8 years since the first moment I saw him when I was 16.
The feeling was mutual, we got to know each other for 5 years and eventually got married in a quick last minute wedding.
We sure have had our ups and downs before and after marriage, but overall.. I think I made the right choice
There are people who are able to fall in love at first sight. I am not one of them.
yeah I do but hasn’t happened to me yet
Original post by IH8Studying
yeah I do but hasn’t happened to me yet

I just remembered you never talk about MCS anymore
Is it me or does love at first sight sound incredible shallow? :lol:
Original post by Wooord
I just remembered you never talk about MCS anymore

i have to choose between talking about grande or mcs
Original post by IH8Studying
i have to choose between talking about grande or mcs

Women can multitask

Quick Reply