Best time to take a over the counter pregnancy test?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I had sex a week ago today and I’m late on my period/ missed a period. I read it’s best to take it 1-2 weeks after possible conceiving in the morning but I’m wondering can I take it now or should I wait another week to take a test for the best possible results?

I’m excited/ nervous and obviously want to know as soon as possible but if I need to wait another week to get the most accurate results I will.

I also don’t want to take one now and be disappointed if it comes out negative but still ‘possibly’ be pregnant just because I took it to early too early if you know what I mean?
I don’t know I think I’m being a bit weird about it but please understand this will be my first

Thank you for your replies
miss6253
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
since you are late i would suggest you take one now, and if it does come out negative do take another in a week. if you really want to have the most accurate results i would suggest a blood test if you don’t want any disappointing false negatives
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Have you bought it already? because there should be at least two tests you can take. I would take one in its suggested period and do it another week after.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You need to take it at least 3 weeks after you had sex. Now is too early and would give you an inaccurate result.
Breeee
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Its too early and won't give you accurate results right now. I'd wait another week. And it's best to take a test first thing in the morning
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (21)
18.58%
I'm not sure (2)
1.77%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (32)
28.32%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.65%
I'm not a current university student (55)
48.67%

Watched Threads