Turn on thread page Beta

Really don't mean to sound like a ***** or mean or anything, but if your friends are trying to make you/pressure you to have sex then they aren't friends IMO!

Its upto the individual as and when they have sex, not friends, family and etc.

Ignore them OP, and maybe find yourself a different group of friends who don't banter about sex all the time and etc.

ReputationRep:
    i didn't have sex until i was 18. it's really not a big deal, it doesn't mean you're any less attractive or sociable or whatever, i just wanted to wait until i found someone i actually wanted to have sex with. i'm still with him now :love:

don't let your friends pressure you into sleeping with someone random. you'd really regret it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi lilac23,

I will advice you barely the same things as everyone before, and put it to my case.

As you will have probably understood, "losing one's virginity" is a personal matter before anything else.

You will have noticed that, normally, girls confer much more importance in this "loss" than guys. This is mainly because girls have pre-made ideals, are much more romantic and sensible. They have dreamt of it as being in a certain manner, at a certain time, in a certain location, in certain conditions ; and they don't want anything else.

This time, location, condition, partner, may come tomorrow or next year ; you absolutely don't care cause they will inevitably come. Plus if you're going to uni next year, expect to meet much more people than ever before. (one of them shall be suited to your expectations)

"Losing one's virginity" has like an aura around ; it is loaded with symbols, meanings. It is a loss as it is a gain, it is an end as it is a beginning. It's basically like every step in life when you're sometimes torn apart between staying back and moving forward. And basically you want to do it in the way you want.

So keep your "conditions" for yourself and just tell your friends to stfu about it.

I knew as far as I'm concerned, that I wanted to be "in real love" with my partner, whoever she would be. She herself had specific conditions, ideals, and so on ... we talked about it and in the end I made all I could to fulfill her dreams. Though I waited like 5 months ... in the end it was great for both!

So don't rush in it if you don't want it ; don't get yourself influenced by anyone else.

There's nothing worse than having a first time being utterly drunk, with someone you just met two hours ago. There is absolutely no feeling, no compassion, no trust, you don't remember anything and you sometimes feel abused (especially for girls).

Plus, whether you will still be virgin at 20, who will know it? For as long as you don't put a clear sign over yourself noone will ever notice that you haven't had sex before.

If your friends can't hold on shouting it out loud ... I see no reason to consider them as friends anymore. A friend typically know what hurts and what pleases you, if he/she hurts on purpose ... he/she must be a jerk.

Hope this helps you .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    Good for you. Thats exactly the 100% correct attitude to have.
    How can you tell?

Explain why sex outside in a relationship should be evil.

It's ridiculous your attitude, virginity it's not a value to be preserved. It's just not having done it before, exactly like I never drank Coca-Cola, only, a word to define this does not exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    Ignore them. You're not that old anyway, plenty of people are in their early or mid 20s, and I doubt the true average is below 19.
    You really think so many people lie about it?

ReputationRep:
    Tell them to **** off.

My mates do this to me aswell, but trust me when it comes down to it any one of them will admit their first time wasn't special and they DO regret it!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac23)
    I've turned 18 recently and I know I'm already above the average age at which people have sex (16?). Now my friends keep pushing me to have sex and laugh at me because I don't want to have sex yet, because I somehow don't feel ready yet . Each of my friends had lost theirs between the ages of 13-16.
    I'm right now on my gap year with two of my friends and even while travelling they keep on trying to link me with guys we meet.
    Anyone else in the same position?
    your friends are tools.. wouldn't know how you feel but don't let them get to you. you'll regret it soooo much if you're forced into doing something like that, waiting for the ''right'' time will make it worth the wait.
    if they go on about practise for the right time bla bla bla tell them to shut up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frieza)
    How can you tell?

It's ridiculous your attitude, virginity it's not a value to be preserved. It's just not having done it before, exactly like I never drank Coca-Cola, only, a word to define this does not exist.
    Ridiclious. Firstly are you say that OP should go onto the street and find any old person to sleep with? God only knows the dangers of that. How many people realistically have sex without being in a relationship apart from prostitutes and people who have one night stands which the OP has stated she doesn't want.

I believe that virginity is something special, it's up to you what you think as frankly I don't give a damn. I think that in the future the man I will loose my virginty to will respect me for waiting not not being someone who sleeps with the first guy I come accross.

I don't see how you can compair a soft drink loosing your virginity. How on EARTH can you comapir not trying something such as a drink with not wanting to do something so massive, potentially dangerous and life changing?

An absolutely ludicrous post in my opinion. If only I had not possitive repped the OP for one of her posts on this topic then you would be getting a red gem off me to add to your collection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)

Ignore them OP, and maybe find yourself a different group of friends who don't banter about sex all the time and etc.
    I would except that some of the other girls at college used tocall me frigid because I haven't slept with anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Well why tell them?
    Honestly most of my friends have lost theirs now but don't give a damn that I haven't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NcR)
    I knew as far as I'm concerned, that I wanted to be "in real love" with my partner, whoever she would be. She herself had specific conditions, ideals, and so on ... we talked about it and in the end I made all I could to fulfill her dreams. Though I waited like 5 months ... in the end it was great for both!

So don't rush in it if you don't want it ; don't get yourself influenced by anyone else.

There's nothing worse than having a first time being utterly drunk, with someone you just met two hours ago. There is absolutely no feeling, no compassion, no trust, you don't remember anything and you sometimes feel abused (especially for girls).
    No troll intended, but do you really think a long lasting relationship is surely better than "a guy met 2 hours ago" ?
    Most part of the relationship are based on nothing, on the habit, on the fear of being alone. While an one night stand can be based on real passion, can be based on a magic feeling that 2 person feel right away.
    By no means she should lose her virginity being drunk and with the first ******* that comes along, I'm not saying this.

But I cannot understand why you all consider a relationship like something that somehow justify having sex and that it will surely make it good.
    While doing it with a person you don't know well is regarded as dangerous, evil, wrong, etc.

I would except that some of the other girls at college used tocall me frigid because I haven't slept with anyone.
    Yea I use to get called prude/frigid because I hadn't slept around but tbh I don't care. I sleep with who I want to sleep with, I don't sleep around as I find it repulsive (no offence to those that do) and no-one is going to force me into something that I don't want to do just for the sheer fact of making them happy.

If anything OP, ignore them and rise above it! Let them banter on about it and act childish. I didn't loose my virginity til I was 18 - my friends asked and had bets and etc on it, but I completely ignored them and just got on with my life.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me who finds it dificult to comprehend why there is so much emphasis placed on loosing you virginity as early as possible? Many people haven't even had a relationship aged 18 and lets not forget, sex has only been legal for wo years by the age of 18, not really long enough to get to know someone to know if you are ready to have sex with them.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me who finds it dificult to comprehend why there is so much emphasis placed on loosing you virginity as early as possible? Many people haven't even had a relationship aged 18 and lets not forget, sex has only been legal for wo years by the age of 18, not really long enough to get to know someone to know if you are ready to have sex with them.
    I suppose some people do it out of pressure?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I did tell them that I'd like to do it only in a relationship, but they think I give it too much importance. I don't even know any virgins over the age of 17 .
    Hi, I'm Robert, I'm 18. Now you know one.

You should tell them you want to wait to find someone special, not just lose it to anyone, and use them as examples if some of them are with the person they lost it to. Tell them you could easily lose it if you wanted, but your not going to throw it away.

they also think that if I end up as a virgin over 20, guys will start running away from me because of that.
    Highly doubt it. There are more important things than sex, and if someone has done it or not, wouldn't effect my opinion of them, and shouldn't effect most people's opinions. Now if they were slutty... thats a whole new ball game.

On a side note, how do they find out the average age? *Imagines people in the high street asking people a questionnaire including 'So what age did you lose your virginity eh?'"

(Original post by Frieza)
    How can you tell?

From your signature, I assume sex is very important to you in a relationship (and out from your post.)

While sex outside a relationship is not evil, sex in a relationship is better, if only for less chance of catching something, and the mutual trust.

I have done 'stuff' in a relationship, and once out, and it was better in a relationship, because of the mutual care, trust and love.

That would just make me think the girls who say that are sluts to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Your body, do what YOU want with it.

btw I've heard of cases where "friends" have forced the group virgin to have sex when in reality they themselves haven't, using her as the test experiment.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me who finds it dificult to comprehend why there is so much emphasis placed on loosing you virginity as early as possible?
    Welcome to "modern" society

lolz

ReputationRep:
    Well, I did tell them that I'd like to do it only in a relationship, but they think I give it too much importance. I don't even know any virgins over the age of 17 .

17??? my mate dave lost his at the tender age of 16 but he now wishes that he didnt because everyone in the community see's him as a man **** also the company he works for has cut his hours because of his reputation but thats not all, the company is also benefiting from the credit crunch: belt-tightening and an increasing propensity to shop around have helped first-half revenues from insurance products (principally car and home) up 50 per cent year-on-year, with the second quarter reassuringly stronger than the first – which is usually the busiest. That means insurance has become its biggest category for the first time in its nine-year history.

That switch is testimony to the power of its brand and diversity of its business model and provides encouragement that the two new channel launches planned for the second half will make up for flagging revenues elsewhere. So, too, does the fact that about 60 per cent of Moneysupermarket’s traffic now comes direct to its site – against about 25 per cent three years ago – which mean that it is steadily paying less in commission.

Near-term challenges remain, not least the recent launch by Google of a rival, albeit so far rudimentary, price comparison website for loans in the UK. At 12 times current-year forecasts, the shares are cheap for an e-commerce play with a dominant market position. However, until it is clearer how the longer-term effects of the credit crunch unfold, prospective buyers should stay on the sidelines.

ReputationRep:
    I'm one! I'm 18 in 9 days and I've never even kissed a guy, let alone slept with one, and I've only ever been on one date. That might sound sad and pathetic, but it doesn't bother me anymore - I'll wait until I find the right guy for me, and THEN do it, thank you very much Your principle of only wanting to do it in a relationship is admirable and is a principle to be proud of. Don't let your friends bully you into anything before you are good and ready!

ReputationRep:
    Ridiclious. Firstly are you say that OP should go onto the street and find any old person to sleep with?
    Where did I say that?

God only knows the dangers of that.
    AHAHAHAHA !!!!!
    I should say something funny here, but I just cannot stop laughing.

How many people realistically have sex without being in a relationship apart from prostitutes and people who have one night stands which the OP has stated she doesn't want.

You're saying "How many people have sex apart those who does"

An absolutely ludicrous post in my opinion. If only I had not possitive repped the OP for one of her posts on this topic then you would be getting a red gem off me to add to your collection.
    Do it tomorrow then.
    I will pm you in case you forget.

And thanks for not having insulted me, kisses.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.