Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    Good for you. Thats exactly the 100% correct attitude to have.
    Hah, ridiculous. One way of living your life isn't more correct than another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac23)
    erm, well, for me, yes it is more complicated than that lol
    Yes but thats self imposed complications rather than what is actually going on. I think most peoples opinion on sex is far too idealistic for what it really is, I'm not saying go crazy but I mean it really isn't as big a deal as everyone seems to make out.

The fact it is so overhyped explains why people are apprehensive in the first place I think anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore your infantile friends.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone just keeps saying "find new friends", etc., but isn't their behaviour similar to how most people would behave, because generally people have sex asap?

ReputationRep:
    No. Their behaviour is, really, bizarre considering they are supposed to be your friends.

Being told to 'ditch them' is a bit much, but it doesn't take away the fact that they clearly aren't listening or respecting your own choices.

Seriously, go take a look through this forum, for everyone who lost their virginity under the age of 18 I'll bet there's an equal amount of people who lost over. And plenty of people who still haven't despite being a good few years older.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I was going through some threads, most people said 16/17.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I was going through some threads, most people said 16/17.
    Read the one I linked to earlier?

Some very different ages quoted there.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I looked at that thread; but I was talking about the other similar threads on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UGeNe)
    Is this a local phenomenon: bad weather, nothing to do...have sex?
    well ya know.... snowed in.... flooded in ~village like island n cant get out...~ gotta find something to do lol
    x:woo:
    sorry if iv posted this twice... my internet went dodgy....

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I looked at that thread; but I was talking about the other similar threads on here.
    Fair enough. But, even still, my question is: So? :dontknow:

Just because others have doesn't mean you have to.

I'm fairly certain very few of my friends lost theirs before they were at least 18.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frieza)
    No troll intended, but do you really think a long lasting relationship is surely better than "a guy met 2 hours ago" ?

Most part of the relationship are based on nothing, on the habit, on the fear of being alone. While an one night stand can be based on real passion, can be based on a magic feeling that 2 person feel right away.
    By no means she should lose her virginity being drunk and with the first ******* that comes along, I'm not saying this.

But I cannot understand why you all consider a relationship like something that somehow justify having sex and that it will surely make it good.
    While doing it with a person you don't know well is regarded as dangerous, evil, wrong, etc.

Well Frieza you must have a bad experience of "love relationship" before ... Of course it depends of each person and each couple, but as to me there can be no love without passion. And I have never lived a long term relationship without it.

You are true in saying that we may definitely fall in love of someone and two hours later have sex with him/her. There will be passion fur sure. But there won't be as much trust and knowledge-of-the-other than during a long-term relationship.

And once again it depends of everyone, some girls feel really confident very quickly, others need more time ; some girls have tons of childish ideals as regards their "first time", others are more realistic ; ..

I never said that having sex with someone you don't know well is evil or such things, it is different.

You don't have the same feelings and the same mind when having sex with a long-term partner on the one hand, and with a recently-beloved-one on the other.
    • I would say there is more "love" in the first case, as well as a true passion, and that pleasure&feelings of the other are much more important than yours.

• The second case of a recently-beloved-person includes, as far as my opinion is concerned, less "true love" and however an enlighted and temporary passion.

So, in the end, according to the preferences of each of us, there is no "global solution" for such a matter. It all depends what you expect for your first time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Fair enough. But, even still, my question is: So? :dontknow:

Just because others have doesn't mean you have to.

I'm fairly certain very few of my friends lost theirs before they were at least 18.
    I know that it shouldn't matter, but then so many people think that it's something to look down upon. Obviously nobody wants to feel like that.

ReputationRep:
    I know that it shouldn't matter, but then so many people think that it's something to look down upon. Obviously nobody wants to feel like that.
    Unquestionably, of course.

This is why people have been saying your friends are being unduly harsh.

The fact that they're making you feel less than good about yourself and what you want to do implies they don't care too much about you.

I know it'll sound a bit silly, but you've got to try and stand up to them and not let them get to you.

Easier said than done, of course...

And, if you want to vent, you can do it here! :p: Or, PM me if you'd rather.

ReputationRep:
    Unquestionably, of course.

This is why people have been saying your friends are being unduly harsh.

The fact that they're making you feel less than good about yourself and what you want to do implies they don't care too much about you.

I know it'll sound a bit silly, but you've got to try and stand up to them and not let them get to you.

Easier said than done, of course...

And, if you want to vent, you can do it here! :p: Or, PM me if you'd rather.
    lol, well the responses on here have really surprised me. Because people on here seem to be responding differently than how people react face to face.

ReputationRep:
    You really think so many people lie about it?
    Pretty much everyone does. Certainly blokes, anyway. Some of the people I know who boast about their sexual experience are just funny. If you know them, you just know they're lying. Anyone who goes on about how much sex they've had, probably hasn't.

ReputationRep:
    lol, well the responses on here have really surprised me. Because people on here seem to be responding differently than how people react face to face.
    What did you expect to see?

ReputationRep:
    What did you expect to see?
    well, people have been more understanding than I expected.

ReputationRep:
    well, people have been more understanding than I expected.
    You're surprised by people being polite?! :p: No wonder you're feeling a bit pressured by your friends:p:

ReputationRep:
    dont worry! im 18 and still a virgin! my friends respect that, and there's no rush to lose your virginity. im not bothered, and some people think it should be rushed into. find the right guy, wait with him, and then have sex with him if it feels right. i found what i thought was the right guy, was with him for 3 months, he turned into a **** and everything fell apart, so glad i didnt sleep with him! the wait will be worth it

ReputationRep:
    You're surprised by people being polite?! :p: No wonder you're feeling a bit pressured by your friends:p:
    LOL, no it's not just my friends, I am sure that most girls in my college would have said the same things they say, and even in general, people seem to encourage others to lose their virginity as soon as possible.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.