Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi. I got offers from Newcastle, Royal Holloway and Exeter for BSc Marketing Management. I love Royal Holloway because the campus is so beautiful and it’s just 40 mins from London on train. I have also visited Newcastle and I loved it. I am not really interested in Exeter because of the negative things I have heard about it.
However, Exeter has a really good ranking in the Uk for my course(5th), Newcastle(8th) and Royal Holloway is(22nd). Ranking doesn’t really matter to me because I am not going to do a job in the future(going to do business).
The only disadvantage of Royal Holloway in my opinion is that it’s not in a city and I think I might get bored where as Newcastle uni is in the city centre and halal food is easy to find.
Right now, I’m doing college in Central London(really good location).
Please share your thoughts.
Thanks
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'm from Newcastle so if you have any specific questions that could help you with you decision
username4188652
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
I'm from Newcastle so if you have any specific questions that could help you with you decision
Hi. Thank you for your reply. Newcastle is famous for its night life but I am not interested in that stuff. Do you think I will get bored? And how many international students are there? Are you a student at the university?
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Faizan Maqsood)
Hi. Thank you for your reply. Newcastle is famous for its night life but I am not interested in that stuff. Do you think I will get bored? And how many international students are there? Are you a student at the university?
I'm not a student at university but some of my friends and my sisters go/ went there. Idk hoe many there are but i can see quite a few around town and my sisters know an adequate amount of international students. I dont think you'll get bored but its quite a small city centre. It depends on what you like but since its quite small, you know what happening,where things are and events are easier to access. Is there anything thing you do when you're bored specifically?
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi. I got offers from Newcastle, Royal Holloway and Exeter for BSc Marketing Management. I love Royal Holloway because the campus is so beautiful and it’s just 40 mins from London on train. I have also visited Newcastle and I loved it. I am not really interested in Exeter because of the negative things I have heard about it.
However, Exeter has a really good ranking in the Uk for my course(5th), Newcastle(8th) and Royal Holloway is(22nd). Ranking doesn’t really matter to me because I am not going to do a job in the future(going to do business).
The only disadvantage of Royal Holloway in my opinion is that it’s not in a city and I think I might get bored where as Newcastle uni is in the city centre and halal food is easy to find.
Thanks
If you like london, you know Newcastle offers that courses in Central london. It's a shout for wealthy international students.
username4188652
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'm not a student at university but some of my friends and my sisters go/ went there. Idk hoe many there are but i can see quite a few around town and my sisters know an adequate amount of international students. I dont think you'll get bored but its quite a small city centre. It depends on what you like but since its quite small, you know what happening,where things are and events are easier to access. Is there anything thing you do when you're bored specifically?
I like to eat a lot but but I’m trying to get healthy. Are there good gyms? I also like horse riding. Are there clubs for that? Can you please tell me how far Durham from Newcastle is and is better than Newcastle?
username4188652
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
If you like london, you know Newcastle offers that courses in Central london. It's a shout for wealthy international students.
I don’t really like London that much. I have lived here for 2 years and don’t mind moving outside. I visited the Newcastle uni campus is London and its very small(my college is better located and larger). Do you think I’ll miss London?
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I like to eat a lot but but I’m trying to get healthy. Are there good gyms? I also like horse riding. Are there clubs for that? Can you please tell me how far Durham from Newcastle is and is better than Newcastle?
There's lots of gyms and there's probably a likely chance it'll be in your accommodation or near it. Gateshead has more clubs for horse riding but there's lots of people in my school or siblings that do horse riding so you wont have a hard time finding one. There would be some in newcastle but more durther away from the city centre. Durham is like 1 hour away from newcastle on bus but its not really far away - it's much better getting a train ticket and it's cheap. Durham is a bit duller than newcastle in my opinion but it depends on what aspects you look for tbh.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Newcastle uni campus in london is considered a waste of time where you could just go to newcastle and its quality wont compare to the main one. Newcastle is cheaper but if you want to live near london, go to royal hollway instead - it's more known.

I don’t really like London that much. I have lived here for 2 years and don’t mind moving outside. I visited the Newcastle uni campus is London and its very small(my college is better located and larger). Do you think I’ll miss London?
username4188652
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Can you please tell me what you like the most about Newcastle and the least?
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I’m also from Newcastle but I study at Northumbria uni

Durham uni is definitely better than Newcastle, but Newcastle is the better city
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Can you please tell me what you like the most about Newcastle and the least?
The most thing i like about newcastle is the accessibility of everything like because ik what to do, where to go, transport and if im bored i can go to sunderland, gateshead, durham or the beach or whitley bay (place with ice rink + beach - idk what else you could do there). Least is probably the match days because it sucks trying to to get anywhere and it can get crowded like.
username4188652
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
The most thing i like about newcastle is the accessibility of everything like because ik what to do, where to go, transport and if im bored i can go to sunderland, gateshead, durham or the beach or whitley bay (place with ice rink + beach - idk what else you could do there). Least is probably the match days because it sucks trying to to get anywhere and it can get crowded like.
Thank you so much 😊. I really appreciate your thoughts
username4188652
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Pugglet)
I’m also from Newcastle but I study at Northumbria uni

Durham uni is definitely better than Newcastle, but Newcastle is the better city
Hi. What you like about Newcastle(as a city). Do you regret choosing a uni there?
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi. What you like about Newcastle(as a city). Do you regret choosing a uni there?
I absolutely love Newcastle as a city.
The transport links are decent and it’s not too far from the coast, the museums and music and shopping is brilliant. I mean I love the nightlife but I never have time for it now
Everyone is friendly and it’s genuinely one of the nicest cities (in my opinion)
username4506446
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks
Go to Exeter. Highly ranked uni. The accommodation is excellent, and everyone who has been there said they absolutely love it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads