Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motorhead)
    hi all, could someone kindly help me to translate a message from norwegian to english? (through PM)
    I could try but I am not very good :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    I could try but I am not very good :p:
    hi! somehow I managed to translate it by myself with the help of google, it was pretty short but thanks anyway!!

ps I saw you are in the italian society as well and it's your birthday today! how many languages do you speak? Tanti Auguri!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motorhead)
    hi! somehow I managed to translate it by myself with the help of google, it was pretty short but thanks anyway!!

ps I saw you are in the italian society as well and it's your birthday today! how many languages do you speak? Tanti Auguri!
    Hehe thanks

Well my degree was French and Italian and I did a year of Spanish in there as well. I also did A level German and my bf is Norwegian so I am learning it

ReputationRep:
    that's a good mixture I wish I could speak so many languages!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi any of you Norwegian speakers still alive in here?

I really want to learn Norwegian! I really love the sound of it (and Alexander Rybak hehe :love:) and this summer a Norwegian friend of mine has invited me to stay in Oslo with her, so I thought it would be a good time to start. She got me to read a text message of hers in Norweigan for a joke and apparently, apart from the numbers and letters we don't have in English, I read it with a perfect Danish accent :lol: and my Swedish friend has confirmed that when I say my few sentences of Norsk I sound more Danish than English. So I kind of thought I actually may be able to do this!

I was wondering what resources any of you guys used to help you? I am still on the basics, and this is my second foreign language so I know how language learning works but obviously there isn't loads of material out there to help like with Spanish or something. Though I don't need that quite yet, I'm only on teaching myself numbers and days of the week haha.... gotta start somewhere!

Ok, and the way to pronouce the letters Æ, Ø, and Å. To me Æ sounds just like A, Ø sounds just like E and Å sounds just like O. I tried listening on youtube to a video of the alphabet but with all the different letters between them you kind of forget if there is only a minuscule difference.

Any help will be very much appreciated... took me so long to find this thread as I misspelled the word Norwegian as "Norweigan" :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpamBa)

I really want to learn Norwegian! I really love the sound of it (and Alexander Rybak hehe :love:) and this summer a Norwegian friend of mine has invited me to stay in Oslo with her, so I thought it would be a good time to start. She got me to read a text message of hers in Norweigan for a joke and apparently, apart from the numbers and letters we don't have in English, I read it with a perfect Danish accent :lol: and my Swedish friend has confirmed that when I say my few sentences of Norsk I sound more Danish than English. So I kind of thought I actually may be able to do this!

I was wondering what resources any of you guys used to help you? I am still on the basics, and this is my second foreign language so I know how language learning works but obviously there isn't loads of material out there to help like with Spanish or something. Though I don't need that quite yet, I'm only on teaching myself numbers and days of the week haha.... gotta start somewhere!

Ok, and the way to pronouce the letters Æ, Ø, and Å. To me Æ sounds just like A, Ø sounds just like E and Å sounds just like O. I tried listening on youtube to a video of the alphabet but with all the different letters between them you kind of forget if there is only a minuscule difference.

Any help will be very much appreciated... took me so long to find this thread as I misspelled the word Norwegian as "Norweigan" :facepalm:
    Hello! I am here! I am going to Oslo after the summer to live. EEK.
    I am going to take an intensive Norwegian course to improve my Norsk. All very exciting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Hello! I am here! I am going to Oslo after the summer to live. EEK.
    I am going to take an intensive Norwegian course to improve my Norsk. All very exciting.
    Snakker du Norsk? Jeg snakker Engelsk og Fransk.

Ha thats like IT and I can't remember whether it is an A or a norway-A.

What course are you doing and where btw?

ReputationRep:
    Snakker du Norsk? Jeg snakker Engelsk og Fransk.

Ha thats like IT and I can't remember whether it is an A or a norway-A.

What course are you doing and where btw?
    Hei! Ja, jeg snakker litt norsk. Jeg snakker engelsk, fransk, italiensk, spansk og tysk også :awesome:

I'm not sure, my bf found it - it's at the uni of Oslo and it's an intensive course for foreigners.

ReputationRep:

Heisan! Eg snakker en litt Norsk, men eg bor i stavanger så eg laere med stavanger dialekt! Hahaha, ikkje så bra.... Eg kan hjelpe en litt med norsk, men eg er ikkje så fint.....

ReputationRep:
    Hei! Jeg heter Sam, jeg kommer fra Worcester og jeg snakker litt Norsk.

ReputationRep:
    any really good website for a beginner to learn norwegian? thanks. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wander in Technicolour)
    any really good website for a beginner to learn norwegian? thanks. x
    Well I don't know any good websites that teach you, but if you need a dictionary I use http://www.tritrans.net/
    I also use http://www.verbix.com/languages/norwegian.shtml for verb conjugations.

ReputationRep:
    well, I'll try to ask a question, but it'll probably be the worst norwegian sentence you ever read ... well, not learning for a long time ...

Hvorfor bruker noen mennesker (noen mennesker = there is probably something better to say, right?)"eg" i stedet for "jeg" i skriftlig norsk?

ReputationRep:
    hey, random question, i hope to move to Norway after uni, and was just wondering which UK unis offer erasmus opportunities to Norway (oslo if possible) but i cant seem to find the info anywere !

cheers =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rogerenden)
    well, I'll try to ask a question, but it'll probably be the worst norwegian sentence you ever read ... well, not learning for a long time ...

Hvorfor bruker noen mennesker (noen mennesker = there is probably something better to say, right?)"eg" i stedet for "jeg" i skriftlig norsk?
    Fordi 'Jeg' er 'Eg' i Stavanger dialekt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crimsonchilli)
    hey, random question, i hope to move to Norway after uni, and was just wondering which UK unis offer erasmus opportunities to Norway (oslo if possible) but i cant seem to find the info anywere !

cheers =]
    hope so, too, but would prefere trondheim
    well, you'll have to look it up at the unis ... at last most of german unis write these information on there website, don't know for uk

if they don't offer something you could still try to organize something (erasmus) by your own.

Fordi 'Jeg' er 'Eg' i Stavanger dialekt
    don't like all your dialects. don't make it easier to learn the language

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 6, 2010

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.