Should the government force fee-paying schools to toughen entry requirements? Watch

londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No- not the role of the British government.
It would only be an intrusive, time wasting exercise that antagonises almost everybody involved.

Law abiding adults have the freedom to decide how they want to spend their money and can buy whatever services are lawfully available for sale- without being harassed or intruded upon by the state.
The parents/legal guardians that choose to apply to fee levying private schools do so of their own volition.
They have already decided to pay the application fees, deposit and other school fees.
Then once their child is formally granted a place they enter into legally binding agreements accepting liability for payment of their children's private school fees for as long as the child remains enrolled at the school.
No point involving the government or trying to compel private schools to investigate the finances of their pupils parents.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (4)
50%
My career doesn't need one (1)
12.5%
I'm sick of studying (2)
25%
I can't find a course I want to do (0)
0%
I don't know enough about them (0)
0%
Nothing, I'm going to do it! (1)
12.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise