maxcheng
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
im an international student, what uni is the best for it?
Keele Student Ambassador1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi there. I am also an international student, studying in the UK. I am a second year Physics with Astrophysics undergraduate at Keele university. There is also a Physics single honours course if you are looking to proceed into theoretical Physics. If there is anything that you would like to know about the university and the course or moving to the UK, please do ask!
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I think Cambridge, although you can't directly apply there for theoretical physics. You could either apply for Natural Sciences and then choose the physics and maths modules in your second year, or you could apply for maths & physics where I think you do part IA maths and then the rest is the physics is physics. Cambridge have a strong maths department and many theoretical physics topics are actually taught by the maths professors.

Other than that, Imperial's quite popular among international students but it does have the same requirements as Cambridge and Oxford for physics. You can however do physics straight from the beginning there.
Keele Student Ambassador1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1)
Hi there. I am also an international student, studying in the UK. I am a second year Physics with Astrophysics undergraduate at Keele university. There is also a Physics single honours course if you are looking to proceed into theoretical Physics. If there is anything that you would like to know about the university and the course or moving to the UK, please do ask!
If this helps, your choice does depend largely on your predicted grades, what type of area you would like to live in and what type of university life you would like to experience.
UoB - Engineering and Physical Sciences
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by maxcheng)
im an international student, what uni is the best for it?
Hi maxcheng!

I'm in my third year of studying Physics and Astronomy at the University of Birmingham and many of my friends study theoretical physics and thoroughly enjoy it! The physics department at Birmingham is amazing and is ranked highly in terms of ratings and opinion!

The department was ranked 4th in the UK by The Guardian, 5th by The Complete University Guide and it's in the top ten for The Good University Guide!

The people in the department are amazing, lecturers are great at teaching and are super approachable - they're more than happy to answer questions during a lecture and you can catch them at the end for a chat about anything you're struggling with or even just what you're interested in! The students are great too, everyone works well together to achieve a really fantastic working environment.

The University also has a fantastic International Student Team who can help with anything you're worried about by giving advice and support when you need it. During the University's welcome week, your first week at Birmingham before lectures start, there are a number of activities led to help student settle in and meet like-minded people such as Global Get-Together, pizza parties, games nights and city tours to help you get to know where you're living!

If you have any questions about the course or life at Birmingham, don't hesitate to let me know!

Paige:yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads