The Student Room Group

Degree Apprentice

As an apprentice, how will my study be organized, and where would it take place?
Reply 1
Can you not find the information in any official resources and literature? A degree of initiative and resourcefulness is necessary for most higher level study courses. A random query, with no context, on an armed forces career bulletin board, is unlikely to be the most effective channel for getting the information you desire.

Can I suggest you provide more context, and tell people what you currently know and ask if anyone has applied for, or completed, the apprenticeship scheme. It's not a good idea to make the reader do your work for you.

Cheers. Ikky.
Original post by Supermarine
As an apprentice, how will my study be organized, and where would it take place?

Hi

Which armed force, which role?

Some further info might help people answer you.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Reply 3
Original post by RAF_Adam
Hi

Which armed force, which role?

Some further info might help people answer you.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

RAF, perhaps as an aircraft technician.
Reply 4

Read up on the RAF Recruitment website. It's all on there.
Reply 5
Supermarine, as a starter for 10, and because you seem to be struggling with getting your query answered, here's the site you need.

Please read the information on there, and if you are still confused, can I suggest you contact your local AFCO (Armed Forces Careers Office) and speak to staff there. They are paid a lot of money to engage with potential recruits, answer questions, and provide guidance. Additionally, a huge amount of public money (that I as a tax payer have funded) has gone into developing a comprehensive careers website.

I encourage you, and everyone else using this TSR forum, to use the resources I've mentioned BEFORE asking random strangers , unstructured and confusing questions. You're unlikely to get the answer you're looking for, so you've wasted your own and other people's time, especially if you're given misleading or false information.

There are a number of things that people on here can help potential candidates with, but medical issues, job roles, and the selection and training process are not on that list. All 3 services are represented by a number of profile names on this forum. They are a wealth of knowledge and experience who offer their time for free and are willing (passionate even) to give the best advice and guidance, or signpost to the people that can. All are current serving or retired. In my case, I was an AEOp (WSOp in new money) and have serving contacts from Cpl to AVM across a number of roles, and all RAF fleets. Among my friends are those who will be instructing you at all phases of training. However, I rarely see any TSR queries worthy of response, so my knowledge and experience remains largely untapped.

Just a thought on this fine Sunday morning. As the saying goes, use it or lose it.

Have a nice day 😀

Ikky
Reply 6

Understand that you will be a full member of the military who can qualify for an apprenticeship by virtue of their professional and on-the-job training. There is no separate system for joining up and training as an apprentice.

Hi

As has already been stated, everything you have asked is on the RAF Recruitment website on the role page. You gain the apprenticeship in the RAF as part of the phase two (role) training. You will join the RAF and be in full time employment as you get it.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Quick Reply

Latest