Der Lehrer 19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I attended the open day this summer but was still left with some questions regarding the PGCE (Higher Education teaching programme) and was wondering if someone could answer them/ direct me to someone who could.

1) What sort of areas had people been placed in? I know Norwich as a whole but I've seen others mention Essex and Cambrige etc

2) What did you do for accommodation? Did you choose before coming to the university or once you knew your school?

Also if there's a PGCE chat for 2020 that I could be added to that would be great!

Thank you for your time!
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Der Lehrer 19)
I attended the open day this summer but was still left with some questions regarding the PGCE (Higher Education teaching programme) and was wondering if someone could answer them/ direct me to someone who could.

1) What sort of areas had people been placed in? I know Norwich as a whole but I've seen others mention Essex and Cambrige etc

2) What did you do for accommodation? Did you choose before coming to the university or once you knew your school?

Also if there's a PGCE chat for 2020 that I could be added to that would be great!

Thank you for your time!
1) I didn't do a PGCE in Norfolk but my uni stated that placements could be up to 90 minutes drive / commute from where you live.
2. Although I lived at home during mine, I did get a welcome pack that offered me uni halls of residence.

If in doubt, ring them up! Goid luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
    UEA Doctor of Education (EdD) Further education
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (291)
65.54%
No (153)
34.46%

Watched Threads