Cambridge
Oxford
Imperial
UCL
Warwick
St Andrews
Durham
Manchester
(Any other uni that you would like to put)

Or put them in tier order 3/4 tiers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
@LondonMetropolitan is better than all of these!! Apart form oxbridge ofc.. duh

Btw have you heard of @nottinghamuni and @Northumbria University????

c'Mon man!
@Leeds Arts University is my favourite for art as well
Original post by Varun_17
rank these unis-
Cambridge
Oxford
Imperial
UCL
Warwick
St Andrews
Durham
Manchester

this literally doesnt work, Imperial is clearly the third most prestigious but it really is a crap uni as far as the undergrad experience. there are so many mor reasons not to study there than anywhere else
Original post by A Rolling Stone
this literally doesnt work, Imperial is clearly the third most prestigious but it really is a crap uni as far as the undergrad experience. there are so many mor reasons not to study there than anywhere else

Why is undergrad experience bad

How do you know? Did you go to Imperial?
You don't know what you're talking about, do you?

Imperial's Engineering courses are more intense than other universities. I guess that's one reason.
For student life, it's not bad. I'm sure it's better than going to a party school.
Original post by MadClown
How do you know? Did you go to Imperial?
You don't know what you're talking about, do you?

Imperial's Engineering courses are more intense than other universities. I guess that's one reason.
For student life, it's not bad. I'm sure it's better than going to a party school.

There's nothing wrong with rigour, the problem is poor teaching as evidenced by a decade of poor student satisfaction ratings.
There's nothing wrong with rigour, the problem is poor teaching as evidenced by a decade of poor student satisfaction ratings.

Some lecturers are good, some lecturers are bad.
I wouldn't be surprised if the poor satisfaction comes from certain courses having unnecessary modules where you have to do presentations and also because the course itself is intense. People learn things in the first term that other students learn throughout the year. If you aren't serious from the first term, you'll end up falling behind. A quite a number of students end up re-doing a year.
Some lecturers are good, some lecturers are bad.
I wouldn't be surprised if the poor satisfaction comes from certain courses having unnecessary modules where you have to do presentations and also because the course itself is intense. People learn things in the first term that other students learn throughout the year. If you aren't serious from the first term, you'll end up falling behind. A quite a number of students end up re-doing a year.

but Oxbridge never had bad NSS ratings when they took part. And at my uni people studying Comp Sci always complain about the intensity of the course, but the NSS ratings are almost top in the country
but Oxbridge never had bad NSS ratings when they took part. And at my uni people studying Comp Sci always complain about the intensity of the course, but the NSS ratings are almost top in the country

I don't think you read my post.
The course structure in Imperial is different to other universities.
Also, I don't think you should compare the intensity of St Andrew's Computer Science course to Imperial's Computing course.
I guess St Andrew's is better than Oxbridge since it's students are absolutely satisfied with the university.
(edited 4 years ago)

Student Satisfaction is all subjective, that’s why I try to refrain from student satisfaction. I really like being challenged whereas some people might not, for example, and obviously such a uni cannot change their teaching way because it is very hard to implement it all across the board. Plus Oxbridge students that I’ve known say that they find it very tough but due to the excessive funding they have, they seem to have a lot better counselling facilities to help deal with it or so they seemed to have. LSE, UCL, Kings have some of the worst ratings and I think it’s something quite common with London unis so I think there might be a deeper problem. Also Imperial is a STEM uni so it is kind of unfair to compare it with unis that do arts as the students who do subjects other than STEM often feel differently about courses and University life as a whole.
(edited 4 years ago)
The course structure is different in Imperial than other universities.
Also, I don't think you should compare the intensity of St Andrew's Computer Science course to Imperial's Computing course.
I guess St Andrew's is better than Oxbridge since it's students are absolutely satisfied with the university.

Can’t agree with you more. It is due to such subjective data that league tables misrepresent Unis. For example LSE is lower than Warwick for economics and Nottingham is better than Imperial for Maths. What utter bs?!?!
Reply 11
what year r u exactly in?

Can’t agree with you more. It is due to such subjective data that league tables misrepresent Unis. For example LSE is lower than Warwick for economics and Nottingham is better than Imperial for Maths. What utter bs?!?!
Student Satisfaction is all subjective, that’s why I try to refrain from student satisfaction. I really like being challenged whereas some people might not, for example, and obviously such a uni cannot change their teaching way because it is very hard to implement it all across the board. Plus Oxbridge students that I’ve known say that they find it very tough but due to the excessive funding they have, they seem to have a lot better counselling facilities to help deal with it or so they seemed to have. LSE, UCL, Kings have some of the worst ratings and I think it’s something quite common with London unis so I think there might be a deeper problem. Also Imperial is a STEM uni so it is kind of unfair to compare it with unis that do arts as the students who do subjects other than STEM often feel differently about courses and University life as a whole.

student satisfaction is subjective THEREFORE it is only useful by looking at consistency across years... and LSE and Imperial have been consistently miserable for over a decade. Look at St Andrews across the years and different subjects
Reply 13
relaxx any RG uni is good

student satisfaction is subjective THEREFORE it is only useful by looking at consistency across years... and LSE and Imperial have been consistently miserable for over a decade. Look at St Andrews across the years and different subjects
The course structure in Imperial is different to other universities.

St Andrews has never been 'significantly' better than Oxbridge for Satisfaction, and compsci is st andrews' most rigorous degree bar medicine, you can't compare rigour across unis easily though.... personally i rate most top 50 unis outside of London, which is just a ghastly place overall.
Original post by klopp
what year r u exactly in?

I’m a Sixth former.. why else would I ask about unis ?

Please don’t respond to this saying that I could’ve been a graduate asking for the sake of knowledge.. because that’s just sad and I doubt anyone does that
(edited 4 years ago)
rank these unis-
Cambridge
Oxford
Imperial
UCL
Warwick
St Andrews
Durham
Manchester

tier1- Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial
tier 2- UCL, Warwick, St Andrews, Durham
tier 3- Manchester
Reply 17
what subjects then @Varun_17
Original post by klopp
what subjects then @Varun_17

Directly message me if you really want to know
St Andrews has never been 'significantly' better than Oxbridge for Satisfaction, and compsci is st andrews' most rigorous degree bar medicine, you can't compare rigour across unis easily though.... personally i rate most top 50 unis outside of London, which is just a ghastly place overall.

St Andrew's Computer Science course has more flexibility and students there take less modules even if they choose to go full on Computer Science.

You seem like you're unable to process facts and it's just all about your 'prestigious' university.

Quick Reply

Latest