Want more information about this university?
Ahmad241
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys, my name is Ahmad Abdullateef. I'm currently studying biomedical Science at the university of Hull and I am thinking of applying for medicine at the university of Birmingham for 2021. I really like Birmingham and was wandering if getting GCSE requirements, a 1st or upper 2:1, doing well on the UKAT's would all be affected if I didnt do A levels? Because I did BTEC and I know that wont be accepted. Would that alone stop me from applying for 2021? Thanks
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ahmad241)
Hi guys, my name is Ahmad Abdullateef. I'm currently studying biomedical Science at the university of Hull and I am thinking of applying for medicine at the university of Birmingham for 2021. I really like Birmingham and was wandering if getting GCSE requirements, a 1st or upper 2:1, doing well on the UKAT's would all be affected if I didnt do A levels? Because I did BTEC and I know that wont be accepted. Would that alone stop me from applying for 2021? Thanks
Hi!
If their website states that they require A levels, then I think it could be an issue, especially as GEM is extremely competitive. However, maybe there are other grad med courses that accept BTECs. Also, I'd advise that you call or email Birmingham's admission's team and ask them if doing BTEC's would affect your chance of acceptance into their GEM course.
Ahmad241
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Mia101)
Hi!
If their website states that they require A levels, then I think it could be an issue, especially as GEM is extremely competitive. However, maybe there are other grad med courses that accept BTECs. Also, I'd advise that you call or email Birmingham's admission's team and ask them if doing BTEC's would affect your chance of acceptance into their GEM course.
I might change my mind and apply for their 5 year course. It says on their website they accept 5-10 graduates from biomedical science in place of A-levels. I'll ask about that.
Thanks!!
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I might change my mind and apply for their 5 year course. It says on their website they accept 5-10 graduates from biomedical science in place of A-levels. I'll ask about that.
Thanks!!
Okay, but you know you can apply to more than one GEM course right.
Your welcome!
Ahmad241
Rep:
?
Okay, but you know you can apply to more than one GEM course right.
Your welcome!
Yes I'm also looking at Queen Mary and Kings College in London but I really like the look of Birmingham and it is my first choice so I really want to try to get in for 2021.
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ah okay.

Yes I'm also looking at Queen Mary and Kings College in London but I really like the look of Birmingham and it is my first choice so I really want to try to get in for 2021.
Ahmad241
Rep:
?
ah okay.
Are you a uni student or going into uni?
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you a uni student or going into uni?
nope, I'm in year 11.
Ahmad241
Rep:
?
nope, I'm in year 11.
Ahh ok
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads