B1544 – Reform of the Gender Recognition Act (2004) Watch

This discussion is closed.
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just because it's on the NHS website doesn't mean it's FACT.
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SoggyCabbages)
Oh sorry, I forgot that some random dude on TSR knows more than health professionals.
quirky editor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just because you have a profile doesn't mean you're not a Russian asset here to infiltrate TSR to own the libs.
SoggyCabbages
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Glaz)
Oh sorry, I forgot that some random dude on TSR knows more than health professionals.
I never said I did, here's your passive aggressive nature coming out again.

Just like the Big Bang Theory, 'origins' of homosexuality etc are the opinions of professionals, not FACT.
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Just like the Big Bang Theory, 'origins' of homosexuality etc are the opinions of professionals, not FACT.
What does homosexuality have to do with this? We're talking about whether gender dysphoria is a mental illness or a mental condition and according to the NHS, it is a condition, not an illness.

2+2 being 4 is the "opinion" of mathematicians isn't it, in that case?
quirky editor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

You're a creationist too? Peak boomer. If you don't believe in germ theory you can always eat ****
SoggyCabbages
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Glaz)
What does homosexuality have to do with this? We're talking about whether gender dysphoria is a mental illness or a mental condition and according to the NHS, it is a condition, not an illness.

2+2 being 4 is the "opinion" of mathematicians isn't it, in that case?
**** me you're being dopey can you not link things?

I said things like homosexuality, the big bang theory are still only theories and just because everywhere has plastered the narratives of these scientists it doesn't mean they are factually correct, just like gender dsyphoria.
SoggyCabbages
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by quirky editor)
You're a creationist too? Peak boomer. If you don't believe in germ theory you can always eat ****
Lol I'm not a creationist.

But tbh, we can't see germs with our eyes so do they even exist?
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
**** me you're being dopey can you not link things?

I said things like homosexuality, the big bang theory are still only theories and just because everywhere has plastered the narratives of these scientists it doesn't mean they are factually correct, just like gender dsyphoria.
2+2 does not equal 4 then. It's just the mathematicians' opinions and I'm perfectly within my rights to think that they're full of rubbish :five:
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Please keep it civil, folks - I'm quite sure we all know how to debate without slinging insults or making things personal
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Christ I've seen more chromosomes in a rubbish bin than in that post.
I'm using your logic. You're saying that just because the NHS say GD isn't an illness doesn't mean it is. Just because mathematicians say 2+2=4 doesn't mean it is.

(Original post by Connor27)
Ignore them Soggy - we know they have the big gay.
She has* :rolleyes:
SoggyCabbages
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
You'll note that I didn't address anyone in particular, I'm sure :hat2:

Also 'the queers' is perhaps terminology that leaves something to be desired here

Nah it's correct, soz.
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Nah it's correct, soz.
Historically it has (and especially "the queers") has been used as an insult and I'm sure you didn't mean it in a polite way.
Last edited by Glaz; 1 month ago
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Nah it's correct, soz.
Queer is an umbrella term, I am well aware - assuming it's not used in a derogatory manner - and it's one I use myself.

I was referring to 'the' queers, which is just a very odd phrasing :lol:
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Please keep this civil.
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Now, I'd urge everyone to keep polite and on topic as much as possible - I'm aware this topic is contentious to some people, but that doesn't mean it can't be debated as civilly as the many other bills we discuss
SoggyCabbages
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Glaz)
Historically it has (and especially "the queers") has been used as an insult and I'm sure you didn't mean it in a polite way.
Stop reading into my thoughts please. You don't know how I meant it.
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's what I'm asking: Are you supporting its classification as a mental disorder?

Because I seemed to be reading that you're trying to convince me this should happen if I think it's a mental illness? Like I said, if it's not a mental illness or a disorder then none of it should be offered on the NHS.

I think you were confusing with my colleagues - I didn't comment on whether I think it is or it is not a mental illness.
Last edited by Baron of Sealand; 1 month ago
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Baron of Sealand)
That's what I'm asking: Are you supporting its classification as a mental disorder?
Nay
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Baron of Sealand)

Because I seemed to be reading that you're trying to convince me this should happen if I think it's a mental illness? Like I said, if it's not a mental illness or a disorder then none of it should be offered on the NHS.

I think you were confusing with my colleagues - I didn't comment on whether I think it is or it is not a mental illness.
I'm a little confused by this statement - regardless of whether it is a mental illness, it is classified as a medical condition. As a medical condition, why would NHS treatment not be appropriate?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.53%
No (241)
33.47%

Watched Threads