Missed deadline due to medical reasons

Watch
Ha456
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi! I was wondering if there is someone who could advise me. Due to my medical issues and severe pain during the term which resulted in unexpected surgery and after recovery complication I've missed my deadline for one module essay. It happened during christmas period so there is no one at uni to help me or advise me really. I've managed to submit extenuating cirstumstances form and it was accepted but I am not sure what to do. I'm third year plus international student and as this is first time something like this happening I dont know what to do and I am really worried I cant graduate on time this summer now. Is there any policy for thisy or maybe possible to ask for new deadline? I am not fully recovered yet but now I should be able to write my essay and go back to normal regime... i would really appriciate any help or advice
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's good that your extenuating circumstances form has been accepted. I'd imagine the course or module leader will be in touch to speak about how you're feeling and what the next course of action is, this may not be until later in January, though, or whenever the uni opens again due to the holidays. As for whether you can resit the work and still graduate on time, that will differ from uni to uni and course to course. It just depends on uni policy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (413)
56.42%
I don't have everything I need (319)
43.58%

Watched Threads