Your opinions on ‘Joker’?

Watch
Occitanie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I went to watch it this evening, and I was not in the slightest bit disappointed. It was impeccable. First film I’ve watched at the cinema for 10 years.

However, if there’s one comment I can make, I thought it deserved more time.

It did feel like it ended too soon?
Wooord
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I thought it was really good. The only thing I would say is that it felt like he was actually his “joker” character for about 10 minutes
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
When I first saw it, I thought it was good but overrated 'cos of the outrageous hype. But it's definitely a good film, I think this is one of the better origin stories of the Joker.
nathan_nacu
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
I went to watch it this evening, and I was not in the slightest bit disappointed. It was impeccable. First film I’ve watched at the cinema for 10 years.

However, if there’s one comment I can make, I thought it deserved more time.

It did feel like it ended too soon?
Lol, the best movie released this year. Absolutely love it from start till finish. Progression felt a bit slow but movie was absolutely amazing. I think it’s just not sth everyone gets on a personal level immediately. I felt a tear during the movie when he wrote “the worst part about having a mental illness is everyone expects you to act like you don’t” because I struggle with mental illness and I understood. it was just so real and raw and it was a great theme for society. A masterpiece for me, really touching, i felt like i was truly in his mind, I really......... felt like a psychopath. It’s fine if you didn’t like it though
SanityGone
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Another one who loved it. Also with a mental health history and I recognised me in the character lol - bit of a worry really

I think this will be the film that defines Joaquin Phoenix’s career
Last edited by SanityGone; 3 months ago
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
It was pretty good.
Occitanie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by SanityGone)
Another one who loved it. Also with a mental health history and I recognised me in the character lol - bit of a worry really

I think this will be the film that defines Joaquin Phoenix’s career
I don’t think Joker’s character resonates exclusively with those who have been diagnosed with a mental health issue or are experiencing them.

I, for one, do not, but it did feel like I could emphasize with his condition. It wasn’t hard for me to understand his reasoning, and how it had built up to the point.
SanityGone
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
I don’t think Joker’s character resonates exclusively with those who have been diagnosed with a mental health issue or are experiencing them.

I, for one, do not, but it did feel like I could emphasize with his condition. It wasn’t hard for me to understand his reasoning, and how it had built up to the point.
I didn’t say I thought it was exclusive, I just thought it was well researched/observed from that angle x
Lyndsey.95
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I loved it. It was very good. I'd definitely watch it again.
Tenya Iida
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Memes aside, I liked it. Not the best film of the year for me, as the pile of trash animation stan I have come to be, no film could possibly measure up to Promare, and Rocketman was also more enjoyable by a fair portion, but they're two tonally different films. this one was good. I liked it. I think the first scene, without spoilers, actually made me stop completely.

Spoiler:
Show
and after seeing it, I spiralled into days of listening to 'that's life' on loop.

Joaquin phoenix was amazing and absolutely carried it. He deserves the best actor oscar win, no doubt. As for best picture... eh, I still really want Parasite to win that, but I won't be disappointed if Joker wins.
Last edited by Tenya Iida; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (270)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (274)
15.74%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
9.99%
Isolating with family (122)
7.01%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (78)
4.48%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (145)
8.33%
Loneliness (172)
9.88%
Financial worries (69)
3.96%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (159)
9.13%
Exposure to negative news/social media (124)
7.12%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (154)
8.85%

Watched Threads