Fashion and Modelling in the 2020s Watch

limoncelloispeng
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
As we enter the next decade, what are your predictions for fashion trends/ beauty trends in the 2020s. What will the next models and it girls be like? The 2010s primarily were of 80s 90s nostalgia alike other arenas of pop culture we reflect and take comfort in the stability of the late 20th century in times of tension. We experienced fast fashion at an all time high with online brands such as PLT and Boohoo. Top models like Kendall Jenner and the Hadids and Cindy Crawford’s daughter were those of nepotism, Instagram modelling became prominent and careers for many. The standard of beauty in this decade has been volumptious with big lips and tanned skin, plastic surgery and fillers are more popular than ever.

My prediction: As global warming becomes a more publicised issue there will be more sustainable clothes and designs, makeup (as we can see happening already) will become more natural and hopefully we will become more and more acceptant of our flaws rather than altering them to look like a butchered doll. There will definitely be 2000s influences however rather than following the 20 year cycle I think this decade will be influenced by the 70s- natural hair and attitude.
Even though tensions will continue to build, we will naturally escape with slight excessiveness and hedonism. Hopefully there will be influences from the 1920s and fashion will not totally copy the past but be a little more innovative. The next top models will be fresh, we’re sick of nepotism and instagram beauty. I really hope this decade is a huge one for fashion ( the most revolutionary run in 30 year cycles typically) the 60s and the 90s

I’ll be fascinated to hear your thoughts
huluny
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fashion is the kind of topic that every women love to talk and this year many companies will introduce their products in the market to broaden their reach. In the undergarment industry, Thirdlove, Victoria Secret and Adore Me already covered the maximum part of the American undergarment industry but there are some new companies that are ready to introduce their products to give the competition. huluNY a new lingerie brand ready to boost their market to attract the customers. huluNY would come with a better option to attract the customers in America.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (296)
65.34%
No (157)
34.66%

Watched Threads