Are my grades good?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
DangledTeaspoon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was wondering if you all thought my GCSE grades were good. And whether you could just tell me that they are so I become even more self-satisfied.

Maths - A
English Language - A*
Geography- A
Sociology - A
History - A*
Religious Studies - A*
ICT - A*
Science Double Award - AB
PE - A
English Literature - A*

I am applying to Oxford and Cambridge as they are the top universities that I think I’d fit in well at.

Would greatly appreciate comments, but mainly compliments
Muhammad Razak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tbh GCSE grades mean Jack sh*t when it comes 2 uni. Obviously with good grades or decent like yours helps it's definitely not the deciding factor. More weight is put on predicted grades for A level. And FYI you can't apply to both Oxford and Cambridge. U have to pick 1. Good luck.
DangledTeaspoon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muhammad Razak)
Tbh GCSE grades mean Jack sh*t when it comes 2 uni. Obviously with good grades or decent like yours helps it's definitely not the deciding factor. More weight is put on predicted grades for A level. And FYI you can't apply to both Oxford and Cambridge. U have to pick 1. Good luck.
Excuse me my grades aren’t decent, they’re amazing
Muhammad Razak
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DangledTeaspoon)
For GCSE they r good. I didn't say that your grades were decent. People achieve better but in all honesty it doesn't even matter. What matters is what you are achieving at A level.
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you think they are amazing, why are you asking us?
DangledTeaspoon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muhammad Razak)
For GCSE they r good. I didn't say that your grades were decent. People achieve better but in all honesty it doesn't even matter. What matters is what you are achieving at A level.
Not many people achieve better, and ok but I’m not too worried about a level because my gcse grades will probably be enough
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why make the thread if you already know they're good? I thought humble bragging was bad but...
DangledTeaspoon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazelly)
If you think they are amazing, why are you asking us?
It’s good for my self esteem
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They’re good but considering the many applicants that apply to oxbridge, they normally have an average of 8 A*. So you’ll don’t really stand out if you just look at GCSEs but it’s a still good application. However, it doesn’t really matter if you don’t do well in your a levels, personal statement, interview and entrance exam so your GCSEs aren’t really an indicator that you’ll fit well if you can’t get an offer or do well in your a levels, mocks, entrance exam and interview.
Last edited by PetitePanda; 1 year ago
Muhammad Razak
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not many people achieve better, and ok but I’m not too worried about a level because my gcse grades will probably be enough
Your grades are amazing. You're right not many do achieve better but I'm making u aware that others do achieve better and most probably alot of applicants to Oxvrdige will have similar grades. Some obviously worse but even some better. If u think your GCSE grades will b enough to get in you r delusional. I mean to say that with no offence but A levels are what they look at and care about. If u got 13 A*s at GCSE but r predicted A*AA and entry requirements r A*A*A you may not get in. A levels hold a greater weight than GCSE. I'm just trying to help u.
DangledTeaspoon
Rep:
?
I appreciate the feedback, I did good didn’t I
DangledTeaspoon
Rep:
?
I also got straight 5s in my sats when I was like 11
epicnm
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This must be a troll or a narcissist
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by epicnm)
Either that or they don't understand the fine line between confidence and arrogance.
UGP1023
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m pretty sure it’s a troll but if not then your grades are fine but this is the student room so compared to most on here and there expectations on what good grades are, and what is expected for Oxbridge students then yes they are good but not overly amazing
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah they probably are like. If not, idk how they’ll survive a levels or uni with a mindset with that.
DangledTeaspoon
Rep:
?
I can’t take all this criticism
johnnyliu8
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was wondering if you all thought my GCSE grades were good. And whether you could just tell me that they are so I become even more self-satisfied.

Maths - A
English Language - A*
Geography- A
Sociology - A
History - A*
Religious Studies - A*
ICT - A*
Science Double Award - AB
PE - A
English Literature - A*

I am applying to Oxford and Cambridge as they are the top universities that I think I’d fit in well at.

Would greatly appreciate comments, but mainly compliments
in reality GCSE doesn't really matter as much as you think. A levels is the most important thing a university would look at. Universities will probably take a glance at your GCSE results to ensure that you have at least a B or C in English and math. Just do good in your A Levels and you will be able to go to Oxford or Cambridge. wish you all the best!
Last edited by johnnyliu8; 1 year ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
55.75%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed