plushyjames
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ryan_Ch)
Finally got the offer from LSHTM (Health policy, planning and financing). I am in a dilemma whether to attend UCL for Health Data Science or LSHTM, the programmes are so different though.
Congrats! May I ask how long you waited to hear back from LSHTM?
Ryan_Ch
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by plushyjames)
Congrats! May I ask how long you waited to hear back from LSHTM?
Thanks, about 6 weeks after my second reference was submitted.
locker314
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Finally got the offer from LSHTM (Health policy, planning and financing). I am in a dilemma whether to attend UCL for Health Data Science or LSHTM, the programmes are so different though.
Congrats! If I may ask, where are you leaning more towards? Have you applied anywhere else?

I can also add that UCL was great when I attended for 4 years for both my bachelors and masters. They really have a well established student union, tons of societies, great bars and study spaces, and probably the only real university campus in central London. I know this isn't specific to the exact programme you applied to but if these factors are also important to you I am more than happy to elaborate on them more.
antikaryote
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
my offer came today, a whole day after submitting my application! I am shooketh!
med_ID
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by antikaryote)
my offer came today, a whole day after submitting my application! I am shooketh!
amazing congrats - which programme for?
antikaryote
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by med_ID)
amazing congrats - which programme for?
MSc Infectious diseases, distance learning because I'm too poor to move from pretty Pembrokeshire. I can't believe they got back the next day...I was expecting 6-10 weeks (even more b/c covid) and was also expecting rejection. Crazy times!
plushyjames
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi my application status is now "admission decision under review", does anyone know how long now it will be until I hear back?

med_ID Ryan_Ch
med_ID
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi my application status is now "admission decision under review", does anyone know how long now it will be until I hear back?

med_ID Ryan_Ch
hey, it took about a week or 2 I think for my offer to come through from when the status changes
Ryan_Ch
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago

med_ID Ryan_Ch
Same, I got the offer within a week or two. You should hear back from LSHTM very soon.
plushyjames
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by med_ID)
hey, it took about a week or 2 I think for my offer to come through from when the status changes
Same, I got the offer within a week or two. You should hear back from LSHTM very soon.
Damnit, there was me thinking it was just an admin thing and I should hear back today...
muzia1402
Report 4 months ago
The COVID situation actually made me forget I'd even applied. it's been quite stressful in the NHS recently especially as a front line staff member. It took months and months but i can finally say I managed to achieve an offer for Public Health (Health Economics stream) !!!

now the current situation has changed where my family's financial situation has changed as a result of COVID. Thinking of asking them for a deferment.

It took YONKS to hear back. do you think this is reflective of my application or the competitive nature of public health.
plushyjames
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Wahey! I got in for health data science!
nor1993
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by muzia1402)
The COVID situation actually made me forget I'd even applied. it's been quite stressful in the NHS recently especially as a front line staff member. It took months and months but i can finally say I managed to achieve an offer for Public Health (Health Economics stream) !!!

now the current situation has changed where my family's financial situation has changed as a result of COVID. Thinking of asking them for a deferment.

It took YONKS to hear back. do you think this is reflective of my application or the competitive nature of public health.
Hey! absolutely not! the LSHTM has a long history of taking a lot of time for getting back to applicants! I am sure it is not representative of your competitive nature for public health, if you love it, you'll be great! and just getting in is a major accomplishment.

If you think you might need to defer, you'll have plenty of options. They normally don't accept deferrals due to economical situations but have just changed that because of COVID, and they are taking deferrals from students. Best of luck with everything
Ryan_Ch
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Congrats!! Did you apply to other school for health data science?
Last edited by Ryan_Ch; 4 months ago
plushyjames
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Congrats!! Did you apply for other school for health data science?
Thanks! I applied to Exeter too and got an offer there, guess I just have to decide where now!
anno9898
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Did anyone apply for the One Health course? (joint course between LSHTM and Royal College of Veterinary) Did you hear back? I am grateful for any answers!!
eva92
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey! Just got an offer for part-time MSc in Epidemiology - very excited!
hazzer94
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Congratulations on your offer! May I ask what your undergrad is? Also how long after applying did you receive the offer, and do you know if you got any of the scholarships?
CharlieCos
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I just got my offer for Msc Public Health for this year, a couple of weeks after submitting an application.

Congrats to others!
overthelove
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thought I'd jump on the bangwagon and add that I have an offer for Medical Parasitology! I applied last year and took a gap year, so will definitely be going in September. Hope to meet most of you there soon!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (58)
13.84%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (55)
13.13%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (158)
37.71%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (45)
10.74%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (81)
19.33%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
5.25%

Watched Threads